Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #56 - 逆叉ヲア / Sakamata Or

I am so tired. I want to just lay down on the floor and sink into it. I've done nothing today other than eat an entire day of calories before 6AM, but I'm still so tired. Not only am I tired, the depression made my immune system go wonky and I'm sick as heck. Usually, I don't remember depression hitting this hard since meds. I guess my manias are so cute and controlled now, hitting the opposite end of the spectrum suddenly feels... really, really bad. I'm happy! I'm not sad! But it's the quiet kind of content nature that just makes you want to cuddle up to a plushie and sleep.

Wiki Wednesday #56 - 逆叉ヲア / Sakamata Or

Uh so, I read the character information. I ran into "ヲアのアルファベット綴りはorです。" Which directly translated is "Woa's alphabet spelling is 'or'". I don't see how that works with the addition of "wo", but... I guess? I went on for a bit before I knew the intended reading, but I won't delete it because, seriously, this isn't included in any of the readme/character stuff and the site is really, really hard to read (words smol). And my internet is so bad, Google Translate won't translate. I actually have to read it myself!

I mean, two characters per kanji sounds pretty normal. But seeing two kanji expand into four syllables is like "woah". Like how Weight Watchers became WW. Which, if you are Southern like me ("dubya dubya") is only four syllables and not too much worse than the three original syllables. But boy howdy, ya'll fancy yankees out there calling it "Double you Double you". 

Why did I write that? I kind of blacked out a bit and forgot where I was writing.

Okay, so this is an aquatic themed UTAU that is a sitemate with Zatou Isa. I accidentally downloaded a different UTAU's English CVVC while I tried to finish that thought, so I forgot where I was going.

Who is Or Sakamata?

Icon Packaged with Bank

Okay let me talk myself through this. The sound for "wo" as an American would say it is うぉ. The katakana for that is ウォ. を/ヲ is a grammatical element and plays by different rules. The same thing applies to は being わ, but Hatsune Miku is proof (you didn't actually need proof) that ha is not always wa. But is wo ever not o?? Am I supposed to say that Sakamata is... さかまたをあ... りんごをたべる... "A" can't be a verb! So if it can't work as a grammatical construct, do we say "うぉ"??

This is the point where I realized the name was meant to be spelled as "or". The only hint other than the site is that the icon has the name "or".

Or's gender is unknown. I believe that whenever Or goes out, Or's stature changes. Google Translate just came back and I'm really happy. Because... "There is no malice, but there is a place where a little cat is suffering" is legitimately a correct translation. I mean, "chotto" is an adverb, so using English logic, it would be closer to "There's a place where cats suffer a little". But this isn't English. 

When I say it's a legitimate translation, I don't mean it is what the author intended. There are about eleven possible translations of "被る". Jisho is pretty sure it's suffering, because that's the reading it uses. But, who even knows. It's only important that we know Or loves everyone. 

How is Sakamata Or's bank?

Just one bank this time around. Kana encoded, one pitch VCV. The voice is very smol. Tiny. With my volume set so that I can hear UTAU well without hurting my ears, I can barely hear the samples. And they mess with my head. I hear a melody where there is none. It feels concerning. Am I going crazy, or is there a high pitched ringing when the sound plays?


Where can I download Or Sakamata?

You can download Or from the website that hosts Or. Please give me horrible 90s design aesthetic back. It takes way too long to figure out how to get to the page to download Or, and even then I can't remember the steps to do it again.

Anyway, I ended the previous section early for dramatic effect. Or feels like a lower quality Matsudappoiyo. If you love that UTAU, you may really like this one. And then you should download Or and use Or and enjoy using Or. If you end up not enjoying it, then I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment