Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #59 - Mal-Cat's Reza

Another article about a Mal-Cat group UTAU! There really isn't much to say with these UTAUs. Would it make more sense to lump these UTAUs together so that there's less padding? Yes! Will I do it? No! If I made sure every article took one hour to write, then it would take me over a hundred hours to do this blog for a year! And, some articles straight up take forever, way longer than an hour. I get that a hundred hours sounds like nothing when it comes to work and jobs and stuff, it's not even three work weeks! But I'm not getting paid, man.

Wiki Wednesday #59 - Mal-Cat's Reza

So, another UTAU from Mal-Cat, and another one voiced by Machine. I still don't know who Machine is. Maybe in a previous article I figured it out? My memory is beyond shot.

So, article.

Who is Reza?

Official Icon Packaged with Bank

Reza is science dog. At least, that's what his icon is named. He is very tall, male, and twenty-five years old.

Alright now, let me switch topics. I mean, science has to do with computers, right? I have been thinking about it a lot, and other than this blog, I'm not sure if I really need a computer. What can a computer do that my phone or my chromebook can't? Art programs, animation programs, in depth video editing, UTAU, and creating instrumentals using REAPER. Well, I pretty much gave up art after UtaOber. And even if I hadn't, you don't need a computer to use industry grade art programs. iPads kind of got a rebrand with ProCreate. The only time people brought up iPads was when they were using them for art! And, I mean, I could actually use a pencil and paper. So, art doesn't require a computer anymore. (Also, if I got a used iPad, it would be more feature rich than my current Wacom tablet from almost two decades ago.)

I'm still on the LearnMMD teammate list, and I get questions from readers pretty frequently. (Forwarded to me, of course.) But when it came time to do an animation for the second video dojo expo, I froze and couldn't do it. I just couldn't find it in me to spend so much time on animation.

UTAU and music... I'm not sure. I mean, I made a vow that this blog would be a thing, so I don't want to abandon it. But is this a logical use of time? I mean, if it makes one person a week happy, then that's fifty-two happy people in a year. That's a really nice metric, and I like thinking that. I do think I might be able to run UTAU on a really, really low power mini-PC if need be, as it has been run on Android if my understanding is correct. If that setup works for my blog... It won't work for YouTube and it won't work for making music using virtual instruments. The thing wouldn't be powerful enough. But... Is it a logical use of time? Making USTs, making videos of making USTs... I really would be focusing on my English list, and it has yet to gain traction.

That's why I'm doing these articles as much as I can right now. If everything falls apart and I have until next year to figure my life out, I'll be pretty okily-dokily.

How is Reza's bank?

Reza is a one pitch, romaji encoded CV bank recorded at C#4. (I wanted to say it all fancy like. The average frequency is C#4. Who knows what the intention was.)

It's pretty good! It's a voice that is nice and it fits the design pretty well. The age is a bit of an outlier here, but who really minds? I don't want to use the wrong adjective in describing the voice, because I don't know what Machine would think of those adjectives. So, it's a voice that you'll like if you like it.


Where can I download Reza?

Reza can be downloaded on his distribution page. There's not much to say, but I think he could be popular if used by the right person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment