Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, April 24, 2020

Forgotten Friday #70 - 塩化名トリウム / Trium Enkana

I actually was really freaked out because I thought the blog was only pushed out until April 1st. Popped onto the blog to get to work, and bam! It was pushed out until April 17th. I don't absolutely need to freak out over the blog lapsing! My YouTube channel is basically guaranteed to lapse because, eh. I have videos to post, but I have to convert them first and I really need to switch to a different screen recorder.

Forgotten Friday #70 - 塩化名トリウム / Trium Enkana

(Note, I originally titled the article Thorium Enkana as the Wiki had it. After getting one paragraph in, I had to change it to what it was intended to be by the person who made it. It's a salt pun, and bringing Thorium into it ruined it.)

Her name is Salt (NaCl for ya'll Chemistry people. Ya'll know that table salt isn't the only salt). You're probably wondering why her name is Thorium, when that is an entirely different element from sodium. Well, the answer is that it probably isn't. The Japanese word for sodium chloride is 塩化ナトリウム. But, for this UTAU, the "na" was changed to a kanji to be part of her family name. I haven't seen her name written as Thorium except for the UTAU Wiki page. And, I'm pretty sure that Wiki page was pulling stuff out of thin air, because the original Latin for Sodium is natrium. So, she's really Enkana Trium.  Get it? Enkanatrium! 

Anyway, I love puns.

Who is Enkana Trium?

Official Icon Packaged with Bank

Like most pun UTAUs, her personality is salt. But not in the English, catty way. She's from 2010, of course. I mean that she likes salt. Her hobby is producing salt. She's really good at getting salt from the ocean. She hates sweets and loves salt.

That's really it. She is sixteen years old and 160 centimeters tall. That means literally nothing to me. I'm American, and I can't even comprehend height in centimeters. Like, my first guess is actually closer to 160 mm. Like, is she as large as a small salt shaker? I'm sure if it was written as 1.6 meters, I would be like, okay, one meter is kind of big. Like, describing my height as 64 inches feels wrong and makes me make the same mistake of "okay, it's inches, so that should be small, right?"

Regardless, it's all just salt. Her voice provider is also just listed as salt.

How is Trium Enkana's bank?

It's literally not what I expected. It's a noisy voice, but it's still strong. The OTOs are very 2010, but it's a bank from 2010 that never got an update from what I've seen. The blog listed in the information inside the bank was taken down before the Wayback Machine could archive it, so who knows what we lost. 

But I do absolutely love what comes up when you Google her voice provider's email address.

why is it so specific??

I usually don't rant in this section of articles, but wow guys. Why do I feel so tired all the time? Even with my mania coming back, I just have waves of complete exhaustion. Is it hunger? I'll go drink a Soylent and then come back.

...

It didn't work. I am so tired. I've only been awake six hours, but I'm ready to go back to bed. The issue is my meds. I have to take wake up meds and go to sleep meds. My go to sleep meds will knock me out, but if I take my wake up meds without my go to sleep meds, I'll be a shaky mess. The last time I messed up by missing a dose entirely, I slept for like twenty two hours. That is too many hours!

Okay, so, here's the voice sample.



Where can I download Trium Enkana?

Here's her UTAU Visual Archive page. The link to her release video is the link that says "配布動画".

I mean, the voice is perfectly fine. The design is decent. I wish I did a better job for this UTAU, but I am just so tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment