Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #60 - 艦音ゆしろ / Yushiro Kanne

I woke up jittery. It was so insane. There are two different terms for this, but each one is vastly different. The first is "mixed state". A mixed state picks some elements of mania, and some elements of depression and hugs them together. The other is "rapid cycling". Rapid cycling is when you bipolar as normal, only really, really fast. In my natural state, I didn't rapid cycle. My episodes lasted months at a time. But with meds, everything has changed. My episodes aren't regular anymore. They're just... Different. Smaller, quicker, and less devastating. Take your meds, yo.

Wiki Wednesday #60 - 艦音ゆしろ / Yushiro Kanne

I kind of recognize that writing articles so quickly and then spacing them out once per week can end up a little confusing when I refer to articles I wrote an hour ago as something I wrote an hour ago, or when I bring up what I wrote yesterday. If you're ever curious about the timeline in which I wrote these, you can "pop-out" the media player and it will take you to the file itself. You can check out the details to see when I wrote it. Usually I would include screenshots to demonstrate this, but the first picture is the one that gets picked as the icon, so I can't do that until after the icon for the bank!

Maybe my meds will kick in and I'll get less verbose (being a Southerner means adding "r"s everywhere. I spent way too long trying to figure out why verbrose wasn't spelled right). But for now, I have a lot of words to say. Especially because this UTAU shocked me and threw three banks at me in one ZIP archive.

Who is Kanne Yushiro?

Official Art Packaged with Bank

UTAU Wiki was wrong. They credited the voice provider as Ushiro, when it is clearly stated as Yushiro. I'm actually signing into the Wiki to fix that. (The reason they state Ushiro is because of the video description. I think the voicebank information supersedes video descriptions.)  Even if they think I'm wrong about the name, at least I did credit the artist.

So, Yushiro is a type one Uta Warship. I guess? Really, I don't know. He's male and his age is unknown. There's not much to say, but thankfully there are three banks to play with! 

His voice provider was apparently in middle school when he was released, so remember that when thinking about what songs to make him sing.

And that design - I love everything about the design.

How are Yushiro Kanne's banks?

Yushiro looks like he only has one bank, but then you download it and bam! Three banks! They are all hiragana encoded CV banks with one pitch each. 

I generally try to go in chronological order, but the banks are in alphabetical order. After some thinking, I'll do chronological by looking at the date modified on the recordings themselves. So, obviously, the first bank to look at is normal, recorded in June of 2015. 

The average pitch of normal is A3. The OTOs aren't the best, but completely usable. You could make him sound way better than this with effort. But, his voice is pretty nice. Given the circumstances of being such and oddly abandoned UTAU, I'm a little shocked the bank is as good as it is.


The next two banks were both recorded in September of 2015, but tsukareta (which means worn out, as opposed to sleepy) is about ten days older according to the two files I checked. I see the concept of not being very awake and alert and I get pretty excited. Those kinds of banks are my jam. But, I've learned before that names mean nothing.

The average pitch of Tsukareta is A2. Woah. Though, before I mash play, I will tell myself that the average could be messed up by whisper samples reading as a really, really low pitch. However, with this bank, this is exactly the kind of bank I adore!! It's soft and sweet and whispery, but it's also deep so that it's calming. I give it an A++.



Finally, there is Hatsuratsu. That means vivid and lively! To which I say "b'aw". You can tell what I think about lively and vivid voices!

The average pitch is C#4. This sounds like an attempt at a Hibiki Shinji bank without understanding everything that goes into making a Hibiki Shinji bank. All three combined into one bank using the prefix map could make for a really interesting kire bank, but I don't have time to do that right now.




Where can I download Kanne Yushiro?

You can download him from his UTAU Wiki page. I would love to see someone make him into a simple kire bank and tune him really well. I think it would turn out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment