Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, September 10, 2021

Forgotten Friday #142 - v.g.m.のウィル/シャル / shallwill

 I got really distracted for a really silly reason, but now I'm back at doing articles! I think maybe the distraction will speed me up in the long run! 


Forgotten Friday #142 - v.g.m.のウィル/シャル / shallwill


I really like vmg UTAUs. Like… a lot. I even commented on one of the vgm UTAU’s release videos, and that made the manager happy. That makes me happy!

I am so confused about this one, though. There’s two characters, but only one bank. There are two strong pitches and two weak pitches. I believe that the intention is that the lower pitches are Shall and the higher pitches are Will. (Note! I did finally look at the visual archive page. It’s a little sloppy because the bio for Will isn’t there. But, Shall is just Will with “g+15”. I don’t do the gender bend thing due to my no flags rule, so the sample will just be for Will.)

Who is Will?

Official Icon from Bank

So, first, I thought Will would be the boy, but Shall is a boy and Will is a girl. 

So, Shall is a twenty year old man. He is talkative and adores Will. He hates anything that hurts Will, and loves sleeping.

Shall is a Satori. Satori are pretty cool! They are like opossums or skinks and completely harmless to humans. They live in the mountains and can read minds. They will find people in the mountains and repeat all of the human’s thoughts back to them even faster than the person can finish thinking them. However, despite having the ability to kill and eat people, they are too afraid to harm humans in any way. If struck, the Satori will run away. 

Will is a twenty year old woman. She loves rabbits and hates noisy places. She also loves sleeping. 

A stuffed rabbit keeps coming up, and I think that the rabbit plushie on her head speaks for her, and she doesn’t speak for herself. Shall is really good at talking to the rabbit.

Will is also a mythical creature. If Google Translate got it right, she is a banshee. Whereas Satori are Japanese, banshees are Irish. I have no idea why I associated them with Latin America.

 Banshees differ depending on the time of the legend and who exactly is involved. Some legends say that a banshee only screams for people who are descended from a specific family. Some say that it is for anyone important. Though, Will’s design doesn’t mirror that of a banshee at all. Well, you could argue that she looks like a fairy, and banshees were sometimes called faeries. 

The typical banshee is an unkempt older woman with white skin and eyes red from sobbing. Will is adorable and I love her. Her outfit is mainly purple and white, with black shorts and a black choker. The bows on her arms and on her waist have golden amulets that match the color of one of her eyes. (please don’t ask me to tell left from right.)

From the waist up, her style is a bit of immodest Lolita with ruffles and a collar adorning her white bodice. However, at her waist her skirt splits into two parts that meet in the back as if they are coattails. The inside face of the skirt is a beautiful purple, matching the laces on her white boots.

There’s an adorable rabbit plushie sitting atop her white hair with purple tips. Her unnaturally pale skin is meant to contrast with Shall’s brown skin, as his black hair with purple tips is meant to be a negative of hers. 

As a note, traditional banshees are like satori. Banshees will not hurt you, they will only cry out when someone has died or will die soon. They have no bearing on it - they can only report it. Their origin is actually kind of interesting if I understand it correctly. Keening was an important part of Irish funerals where a woman would wail a lament. Women who were good at it got paid a lot. Someone who was wailed for by a banshee would be someone extremely important - the fae or ghosts took time out of their days to do something so important to mourning.

How is Will's bank?


This bank is CVVC!! I love CVVC so much!! I will divide up the review between strong and normal.

Her strong is perfection and I love it. It is a perfect Kire and I love it. While she does grumble a bit in the lower pitches, it is such a nice beginning to a kire bank and I love her and she is perfect.



Well, remember how I said that was perfect? If you know me, you know that whisper banks are one of my favorite things on Earth. And guess what she has?! As a note, her D4 pitch's suffix is 囁 instead of 弱, so to use it as one complete append bank, I'm finding and replacing all of the sasayaki with the jakuten. It took like less than a minute to make the change in Notepad++. 

As you may expect, it is even more perfect than perfect. It is everything. I love it so insanely much. The voice is soft and sweet without being even in the neighborhood of cloying like. I love her. I love her so much!! 



Where can I download shallwill?


You can download them from their distribution page. I didn't cover Shall because of my no flags rule (to put UTAUs all on an even playing field), but Will? She is perfect in every single way. Amazing voice with great quality? YES!! My favorite ever format, CVVC? YESS!!! The choice between hard and soft within the same bank?! No editing beyond one find and replace needed to get it to work!?!? She is perfect in every way and I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment