Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, September 24, 2021

Forgotten Friday #144 - しょぼんぬ。のU-vα / U-va

 I initially did the math to prove I could do this by saying I needed to do six articles a day. Well! I already did six today! But that's no reason to stop. Though, I might stop if I get sleepy after this article. 


Forgotten Friday #144 - しょぼんぬ。のU-vα / U-va


I am trying so hard to figure out how this name was based off of grapes. Well, the Visual Archive says that it’s based off of “ぶどう”. “ぶどう膜炎” means “Uveitis”. 

And… Because I’m allergic to just typing the right thing in to Google, the uvea of the eye is the part where the iris lives. It is named after uva, the Latin word for grape due to its grape like appearance.

My excuse is that my brain is broken. Half of the sentences I say out loud either have the wrong words or I just give up and slur out the last few words.

Hopefully by the time I process this I will be better.

Who is U-va?


Official Art from Bank


I love this design and it is perfect in every way. You see that body posture there? Well, I probably just put the icon there so you can’t see it on this very page, but she is just leaning to the side in a way that would only be possible in an environment without gravity because the center of balance is wonky. (Please don’t call me out engineers. I mean, maybe a human could, but her head is too large to be supported by her body, making it extra impossible.)

I love that posture that can only be achieved in space… or water… or by lying down. It feels so magical and whimsical. And the anatomy of it! Her head is huge, but the rest of her body has not been made larger to account for that. Her hands and feet are super tiny. I don’t know if they had a specific ratio to follow, but that ratio they have there is the perfect ratio of adorable.

She wears a giant oversized, off the shoulder grey shirt with purple grapes on it as an accent. The placement is perfect. Just little ones on her wrists and a large cluster over one hip. Perfectly balanced. For modesty, she is wearing a purple tank top under that oversized shirt.

She wears blue skinny jeans that bunch up around her ankles. I love that detail! And she has cute green shoes that tie into the cluster of green grapes pinned to the little bun in her hair. And the cute messy style her black hair is held it! There’s a hint of emo bangs with her fringe, but then there’s a blunt cut that keeps her eyes visible without showing off too much forehead. And foreheads are hard to make cute. Her eyes are deep purple, but when you look close, you can see she has small streaks of green and purple next to each other in her hair to make it more visually interesting. From far away, you can’t see it at all. So, it doesn’t take away from her design… But you get close, and you see it, and you’re like, that is even more so awesomely cute!!

And want to know what is even more cute? “Dumpling head” means a hair bun! And she just wants the little tufts that won’t stay in the bun to look different! 

Her biography lists her shirt as a poncho, but that’s not what that is. But the cutest part about this eternally twenty-three lady? She is named after grapes. She wears grapes. She is grapes. But… She prefers strawberries!! 

I love her and she is perfect. I just… I really, really love when things are cute in the exact way that I find them cute, and that is actually kind of hard to find. But this is like if I were to become a manga artist, if I wanted to be skilled in one specific way, this is the specific way I would want.

How is U-va's bank?


She just has one lone CV bank. Her recording quality isn't the best, and the OTOs aren't great. But her voice is perfect for her design. At first, I expected a muffle baby, but it wasn't that at all! It was bright and clear with a hint of "I'm too old for this" like a mama! She sounds like a Mama to me, and her outfit screams "I want to be adorable so that my kids are happy to see me"!




Where can I download U-va?


Her UTAU Visual Archive page has the link to her release video. I feel like she's not likely to get popular, but she's still a nice little UTAU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment