Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #132 - 鈴音ハナ / Hana Suzune

 So, I am going to try to get this pushed out to 2022 before the stroke of midnight on the last day of 2020. Or, I could say, I'm going to try to get this pushed out until 2022 before New Years Day 2021. As part of that, I'm just going to run down the list of UTAUs and let families stay together. I know that I promised I wouldn't, but I'm in a weird space where I just one added aspect of going out of written order is enough to make me quit because things are too hard. So I apologize!! Especially because this family will be a doozy. 

Wiki Wednesday #132 - usa-utau's 鈴音ハナ / Hana Suzune


If you're wondering how many words can be in a Google docs document before it's so unstable on my phone it won't stop crashing, the answer is 30,000. It was crashing once or twice, but only when I was selecting stuff too fast. But, the last article it was crashing constantly. So, I really needed to make a new document so that I could easily switch from Chrome to Docs and back. So here it is! I mean, it won't look any different once it's on the site, but I'll know the distinction.

Editor's note: Some of the things referenced won't really make sense because this was written in my drafts after other articles about this family, but will be published later.

Who is Suzune Hana?

Official Art from Site


Hana isn't a virtual body?! She's a human?! She's sandwiched by virtual bodies in the spreadsheet!


After research for a previous article, I know the answer as to why. Ignore chronology. Things go up and down based on when the collaboration is collaborated, not on coherence. 


She is adorable. She has long, blonde twin tails. They are so long, they literally drag on the floor! They are tied with a blue elastic with giant red-orange bows on the end.


Around her neck is another giant red-orange bow. The bow itself is behind her head, but it is large to the point that you can see almost all of it behind her head when she looks at you. The ribbon at the front is so giant, it almost covers her mouth like a scarf. In one of the art works, her bow looks to be made out of her own hair.


She has heterochromia, but it's rather slight. One eye is red, and one is red-orange. I believe that the fringe around her face, along with the hair clip, are meant to be directly copied from the VOCALOID Rin. 


And this is when it hits me. This was all meant to make rip-off vocaloids, wasn't it? Meito is virus KAITO, Inane Koto is basically Miku in Rin clothing.


In an article I wrote before this one, I said that there's no right way to make an UTAU. The only wrong way is doing something that will get you sued. I don't think Crypton would sue over these OCs, so like… they didn't make the UTAUs wrong. Even if it seems so strange to think about! 


Her clothes are white aside from her jade jacket with red-orange accents. The arms are too long and look adorable. That is always the best way to avoid drawing hands. She has a purple belt that matches her purple, knee high rain boots.


Okay so, here's my understanding. Rin was installed on someone's computer (oh… she is a virtual body?!) but she grew sad because she never sang anything. So the person looking after her gave her a copy of "The Little Prince" and she became this UTAU. Did they drag and drop a PDF in her install folder, or did they physically give her the book? Okay, I read that wrong. It was read to her! Though, she hates adults now. I wonder why.


I have no idea what ages are what. She looks like she's five to me, but she's supposed to look like she's eleven. Are eleven year olds reading chapter books yet? I think I read Harry Potter for the first time when I was around ten or eleven. Hana only likes children's books and picture books. 


And here's my hot take on Harry Potter. It's not very good. At all. As soon as I started reading other young adult fiction, I realized that it wasn't that good of a book. But, it feels like Harry Potter really just opened the door for YA literature that took kids seriously in the sense that they could sit through a three-hundred page book. YA novels like The Giver could be finished off in one sitting. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson is a must read for young women,
though.

How is Hana Suzune's bank?


Hana has a one pitch CV bank. She has a bright but sweet voice, but, there are samples, like "sa", which spoil the whole bank. There is almost no "s" in the "sa"! It's random what consonants are just too short or likely cut to be too short, so if you require consistency to be happy, you will not be happy. However, her tone is so nice and optimistic, I think she may sway you to not care nearly as much as you would with other banks!


Where can I download Suzune Hana?


You can download her from her distribution page. She is definitely a sweetie-cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment