Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #130 - リャパミュパ / Lja pamju pa

 Well, I realized after writing this that this UTAU was a "fictional language" UTAU, or, as many may say, a joke UTAU. I was like, well, uh, I guess I won't write an article? But I'm also like, I dunno. Let's see how usable it is. 

Wiki Wednesday #130 - リャパミュパ / Lja pamju pa


I am so confused right now. This UTAU says it's a fictional language. I kind of thought. Oh. Esperanto. But no. The name is gibberish in Esperanto. I listened to a sample and… it just sounded like Japanese? Garbled and I didn't just… I had no idea what was going on. The voice is absolutely adorable, and if it's some garbled mess that doesn't have the required samples, I'll be annoyed. But I think, and this is my guess, all the samples are recorded as something else, so what comes out is a fictional language… I guess? I'm really not solid on this at all.

Who is Lja pamju pa?

official icon from site


Lja pamju pa hates when people get their name wrong!

More or less, it means a small, transparent spirit that consumes water.

The little thing is so tiny! Usually only six centimeters tall. Almost makes me sad, though. I want to hug the little water Kitty.

Lja pamju pa loves all liquids and sugar. All the water that they collect slowly drains from their tail, however.

And now for something else entirely.

I loved dystopias in general in middle school. Like. Genuinely loved them. So, I'm glad I held out on reading Brave New World because it's just a bad dystopia. For example, every want and need is catered to. The populace is dumb and coddled, but there's no wars or sadness. If you go against the government, you're rewarded by getting to live in a different kind of Utopia with fellow intellectuals. Seriously. The punishment for rebelling is getting rewarded by being around people who are as smart and quick witted as you are. The eugenics angle is horrific. That is bad. But in universe, it's actually explained as a necessity because it's the year 26XX and robots haven't been invented. 

This isn't a dystopia. It's a parody of utopias. It's light hearted elbows to the ribs. I had no idea what was going on and what Huxley believed in, because like I said, in universe, eugenics are necessary. That's a load of hooey because Huxley had nearly no imagination beyond his magical scientific babies.

I won't ding Orwell for not predicting MTV. But seriously? Six hundred years of progress, and it's easier to pay a man to operate an elevator than it is to just have a modern elevator? Was 1931 so far in the past that people had no idea that machines could like… Do things to make life easier? And even further! It is stated that food can be instantaneously synthesized, but they make people work farms for the funzies. But they created those people do to that work. If they hadn't put alcohol in their developmental jars, those people wouldn't want to work the fields. They'd be quick witted and as smart as everyone else.

And it's stated that when twenty-thousand quick-witted people were put on an island, they were so miserable, nineteen-thousand of them died. Why?! Because everyone wanted to be the CEO, but someone has to clean toilets? They don't if you just think "maybe in six hundred years, toilets will clean themselves!"

There's literally a municipal system for perfume that comes out of a tap. Why would anyone want that?! But nope. Instead, let's not invent robots and feed embryos alcohol. I would accept fully that it's a parody and it's meant to show how dumb utopia novels are… But there was an in universe justification for eugenics. You know everything in Orwell's dystopia is bad in-universe, but the people are mollified. I'm not even touching the racism right now. It reads as a love letter to eugenics and that's bad.

How is Lja pamju pa's bank?


Oh my goodness, this is so amazing and dope and cool. 


Okay, so first you replace the notes with just the vowels. The prefix map is busted on shareware a bit and doesn't work really as planned, but it is meant to do something like this:


It will automatically turn the different vowels to different samples based on pitch!!

It is a really fun and cute novelty to play with for a quick spell.



Where can I download Lja pamju pa?


You can download them from their distribution page. They are fun to play with, but not really useful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment