Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, November 26, 2021

Forgotten Friday #153 - 麻理子ちゃん / Mariko-chan

 Oh my! This is the last draft from that specific word document! It's so crazy how productive I am being and I really like it! Also, I don't know if I noticed before - her name is Hemp Logic Kid.


Forgotten Friday #153 - 麻理子ちゃん / Mariko-chan


Hurrah hurray! This is the last UTAU in this spreadsheet! 

Sadly, this doesn’t mean I get to go on an awesome download spree. First, I need to process all of the UTAUs in this spreadsheet, write up 20 UTAUs in a different spreadsheet, process those, and then finish all of the Wiki Wednesday articles I have already started. 

Then, and only then, can I go on a dope download spree. I really, really look forward to that.

This specific UTAU was the one that I was trying to download in my video where I was begging for help to figure out why Axfc was such a jerk. 

This is also the UTAU where I realized that tumblr’s redirect link system is completely broken. You can figure out how an Axfc link is supposed to look and use that, but why. Why is everything vocal synth breaking. I know tumblr redirects have nothing to do with vocal synths beyond the two broken links I’ve tried… But bleh. Yeah, this hurts other fandoms way more, but my lip randomly started bleeding. No metaphor, I’m just not the best place.

Who is Mariko-chan?

Art from Distribution Site



So, in a certain state, large amounts of text will make my eyes glaze over. This is hypocritical of my body, as I can write large walls of text without thinking. I tried reading the blog Marikochan was distributed on to try and understand, but I just couldn’t. I could feel it wasn’t about Marikochan.


So, I bit the bullet and opened the birth story video and… Here’s my interpretation ignoring the text because if I’m 50% decent at Japanese when I am normal, I’m .05% decent now.


Mariko was born in a magical world of magical horses. They were born as horses, but they could become godlike pegasi or demonic monsters. Mariko worshipped their god tirelessly. He was neither a pegasi nor demon, simply a rainbow horse with a staff, a beard, and a halo.


The magical horses live in the firmament. They can come to earth and attack humans in their sleep, as … nightmares? And they can drink happy drug and vomit upon the earth. That orange vomit becomes… rain?

 

Each horse has specific values that determine its value to society. Marikochan had zero for all of her values. She could not do work because she only had dreams in her head.


One day, she drank so much happy drug that she… turned grey? She turned into a human? And as a human, she was unable to walk, so god gave her a wheelchair?


She holding taima?! Why she holding taima?! Ain’t that get you in jail in Japan?! 


Did she get Miku hooked on cigarettes or is she curing smoking by giving out nicotine lozenges? Whatever she did, it was bad enough for Miku to burn her at the stake like Joan of Arc??


And when she died, she became an UTAU. 


So, Mariko was a red horse with messy black hair who was addicted to legal drugs, but what turned into a human and cast out of Horse Heaven by their god. She was unable to walk as a human. Her skin was deathly pale and she wore a purple dress. Her wheelchair was made of whicker. 


And then she started an illegal drug empire in a realm where only five people - variations of the VOCALOIDs - exist. Though, there are thousands of identical copies of those people to sell drugs to. Miku hated that she got hooked on drugs and burnt Marikochan to death, but Marikochan ended up living as an UTAU?


I don’t get it. I Don’t think I’d get it even if I understood Japanese.



9:08 pm sun sept 20

How is Mariko-chan's bank?


Mariko-chan has a one pitch CV bank. 

She has a beautiful and angelic voice with bad recording quality that makes it even sweeter and moe. However, she has clipped consonants that will muddy the lyrics in some places. If you're okay with some lyrics sounding off, then oh my goodness she is just an adorable bundle of 2009 wrapped in ... 2015! I'm not sure how old that sounds to newer users! I love her.



Where can I download Mariko-chan?


You can download her from her distribution site. She is such a little sweetheart that will give you that 2009 feel, even though she was made half a decade after that fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment