Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Wiki Wednesday #177 - Acapelloid

 I am so confused.

Wiki Wednesday #177 - Acapelloid

I... This utau is tiny. It has two copies of the bank and the zip archive still rounds down to one megabyte.

It has a romaji version and a hiragana version because there is no oto. It's only vowels and for some strange reason the b line?

Who is Acapelloid?

Art linked to from wiki page


"Supposedly" fictional Chia here.

I fall into most things that end up defining me. I somehow became an abitur of morality.

I was in Captain Clark's office with Dr. Joe. I did see his legal name while researching, but he hissed at anyone who used it. He wanted to be approachable.

We were sitting on the floor under the shifting lights. I pointed up at the ceiling and told him that Captain Clark was a bit like him. He didn't humor me.

Eugenics is bad. I knew that for a fact. The Union knew that for a fact. However, we didn't really know what to think about the man sitting in front of me. He kind of did eugenics, but did he?

Almost everyone in the Union looks human. However, almost every species in the Union is incapable of breeding with any other species in the Union. Not every species has DNA. Most don't even have chromosomes. My people, for example, have something called spools. If I fell in love with anyone who wasn't from my planet, we could never have children.

Well. We could never have children naturally. Dr. Joe could give us children.

He was a genius who was always looking for ways to bend the rules of nature. He had created a completely synthetic genome that could be edited to produce almost any child. If a species had a fully mapped genome, he could map it to his synthetic genetic material. If a species had an unknown genome, he simply asked questions to create the child the couple wanted.

I cleared my throat and waited for him to look at me. Once he was watching me, I explained. As long as he operated outside of Union territories, there was nothing the Union could do to stop him. They could forbid Union members from using his services, but there would always be ways around that. He looked annoyed. I continued that this hearing was to determine if the Union approved of his actions. Approval could mean Union grants and access to more advanced technology for him.

He rolled his eyes and looked away from me again. I sighed. I asked him if he thought that it was okay that he was creating sterile people.

He laughed and looked back at me. His creations were only sterile if their parents required features that his synthetic genetic information didn't contain genes for. Everyone who has the standard spools can mate with anyone else who has his standard spools.

I let out an exaggerated groan as I started to stand up. I verbally laid into him. He probably thought that this was just a meaningless practice run with a guidance counselor, but my opinion had merit. If he continued to be condescending and hostile, I could cancel the hearing and just let the Union view him as a racist mad scientist with no regard for sapient life or personhood.

He was visibly shaken as I leaned down to grab my folders. I told him that he didn't have to laugh at my jokes or treat me at an equal, but he needed to take me and my objective seriously. He shakily asked me what my objective was. 

I slowly sat back down without breaking eye contact. I told him the truth. I wanted for everyone to be happy, healthy, and safe without violations of personhood. I didn't want to shut him down, but there were higher ups who thought his service was harmful.

He had to prove them wrong.

How is Acapelloid's bank?


It sounds and functions like a good Friday Night Funkin' bank.  The Uses are limited, but some people may enjoy the lo-fi vibe. Great for a FNF mod, though.




Where can I download Acapelloid?


The Fandom page has the link.  It's strange. This was a 2015 bank if the timestamps don't lie. Far past the point of when this was common, and far before FNF showed up. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment