Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, December 23, 2022

Forgotten Friday #209 - オメガ / Omega

 I don't know how many articles I can get done tonight, but I hope it is several.

Forgotten Friday #209 - オメガ / Omega

Omega is a cutie pie! By adding a gender flag, you are allowed to use his "grown" design, but like, he's adorable the way he is! While he is designed and intended to be used as a young boy, he is actually around two-hundred years old. 

Who is Omega?

Official Art from Bank

(resume campaign)

"I have brought food!" The voice of the Viking boomed as he approached the camp site with a large beast draped across his shoulders.

Becky blankly stated, "I'm vegan."

Even Vanessa joined in on staring at her in confusion. Surprisingly, the elf came to her defense in a roundabout way. "So that is your station? A priestess? Then you know your connection to the spirits will sustain you until you can find the blessed fruit."

"Priestess?!" The archer gasped. "Then I figure we'll have good fortunes!"

Vanessa snapped to get Becky's attention before signing, "Dietary or ethical?"

"Dietary, then ethical," Becky signed back. "It's really, really painful if I slip up and eat meat."

"Are you even hungry?" Vanessa signed, "I'm not, so I don't think it's a problem if we don't eat."

They looked over to the Viking as he pulled out a knife and began to field dress the beast. However, the beast suddenly exploded into seven neat bundles of meat. Everyone gasped.

"This is a video game," Becky called out. "An E for Everyone video game."

Vanessa snapped again before signing, "Do you think you still need to be vegan now?"

"If I start eating meat, they'll think I'm a bad priestess," Becky signed. "So I'll still abstain."

Everyone stood around awkwardly. The archer finally made his way to the scattered bundles of meat and picked one up. He went to the fire and easily lit it before awkwardly throwing the meat at it. They all stared at the fire as the meat began to change colors. Once it was the right color, the fire spat it out onto the ground.

"Let's drop pretenses, fellas," the archer awkwardly laughed. "This isn't real life."

"Then what is it?!" The Viking boomed. "How can this world be so different from home?!"

Becky looked over at Vanessa. Becky asked out loud, "You've played video games, right?"

Vanessa slowly nodded her head.

Becky sighed and turned to the men. She cleared her throat. "I thought that none of you were real and you were all part of this world. You obviously aren't. Let's sit around the fire and introduce ourselves."

They all awkwardly sat around the fire. Becky stood up and spent a few moments trying to study the faces of her party members. She finally worked up the courage to introduce herself. "You heard the lady in the castle call me Rebecca, but I go by Becky. I'm twenty-five and I care for my elderly grandparents." She looked over to Vanessa.

Vanessa signed, "Let them think I'm a deaf child. Less expectations."

Becky sat down. The elf stood and introduced himself. "My name is Titanium Blade."

The Viking piped up. "That's a very long name! Can we shorten it?"

"It's two syllables," Titanium Blade rolled his eyes. Becky and Vanessa shared a knowing glance. They heard English, but everyone else heard their native language. He continued, "Though Blade is acceptable."

Once he had sat down, the Viking stood. "I am Faulkner, heir of the sixth! It is longer than your name, Blade, but it can be shortened to just Faulkner."

"Sounds almost right for a Viking name," Vanessa signed, not expecting anyone to see it.

The archer waited for Faulkner to sit before standing and calling out, "I'm Jasper!" He sat down with no elaboration.

How is Omega's bank?

Okay, guys, the prank is over for now. What prank? Well, Hataori-P is super cool and made scripts that allowed you to create USTs that were a mess. However, you were able to import the result from UTAU into Praat and then run a few scripts. That allowed you to create stunning, realistic results from almost any bank.

Well, now I am the lone beta tester for an actual singing synth he created. The results are so insane. For that reason, I want to focus more time on Utan as opposed to anything else. For that reason... I'm going back to my old UST folder for a bit. I definitely could use the Praat export feature and Utalis to make new USTs that wouldn't require that extra step of using Praat, but tuning in UTAU is basically torture now, and I... can't use a mouse currently due to my setup at the moment.

So... Back to USTs tuned in UTAU for now.

Omega is slightly strange in that all of his files have up arrows in the names, despite there being no other pitches. The OTOs aren't great, but tend to be good enough unless the consonant is a bit too long and the green line can't sit on the first V without changing the pattern.

Sadly, there are errors in the pitch of the samples that makes for unfortunate glitches. However, I was somehow able to edit the FRQ map to make it sound really good? How did I not know that was an option!

The voice is just as adorable as the design. It is youthful without being shrill. 


Where can I download Omega?

The link to his distribution video is on his visual archive page. He is very adorable and worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment