Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, December 30, 2022

Forgotten Friday #210 - 哀調ノイジ / Aichou Noiji

 After being used to tuning in Praat (even for UTAU), tuning in actual vocal synths feels hostile. Like, they don't want you to tune, so they'll go out of their way to make it difficult. I mean, with how much AI is catching on, maybe they do want manual tuning to stop.

Forgotten Friday #210 - 哀調ノイジ / Aichou Noiji

I... Don't actually know what's going on. I censored the art a little to not include the brain (those really scared me when I was younger and were part of the reason I stopped watching SpongeBob). So, Noiji is a child of unknown age whose voice is mixed with noise? They passed in an accident and were brought back with a new brain inside a tank connected to their head? I guess they don't remember their previous life and just want someone to play with them.

Who is Noiji Aichou?

official art from bank
.

(resume campaign)

Everyone awkwardly stared at the fire. They knew each other's names, and that was a good start. But they didn't know anything else. Becky had a theory. None of them would really offer anything up because they were probably like her.

She was a college drop-out. She didn't have a real job. Her grandparents didn't really need a caretaker - her family just really wanted the government check that came with being a full time caregiver to the old and disabled.

She wasn't exactly ashamed of any of that, but she wasn't proud. She lived in her childhood bedroom with her twin sized bed pushed against the wall. Her family didn't want her to work because they didn't need her to. She didn't have any talents to practice to make her free time productive beyond helping with her grandmother's garden. She was in the weird place a fifteen year old is in during summer vacation.

"Those who eat meat," Jasper awkwardly announced, "Should eat some meat."

"Would the priestess be offended?" Blade narrowed his eyes.

"No, go for it." Becky awkwardly laughed. "And 'Becky' is fine."

"We hold reverence for priestesses in my home culture." Blade sighed as Jasper handed him a bundle of meat to throw into the fire. "Though, perhaps your culture is less reverent."

Vanessa lightly tapped on Becky's shoulder. Becky looked to her as Vanessa signed, "I kind of wanted to be honest. Usually I hate when people sign back to me. I'm mute, not deaf. But I'm grateful for you being able to sign."

"Of course," Becky laughed as she signed back. "I'm not fully sure we can trust these people. But I think I can trust you for a silly reason. We're both American, right?"

Vanessa paused with clear confusion in her eyes before doubling over in a nearly silent yet disturbingly raspy fit of laughter. "Because it's American sign language!"

Becky herself laughed also. When Vanessa recovered and looked back to Becky, Becky signed, "I think 'the game' only translates spoken speech. If it translated sign, I think you would have been punched like five times by now."

"Bad habit-" Vanessa rolled her eyes playfully before continuing, "almost no one around me usually understands sign. I tell people off constantly to blow off steam with virtually no repercussions."

Jasper waited for Vanessa to lower her hands before asking everyone, "Well, does anyone have any idea what we're supposed to do?"

Becky looked over at Vanessa before asking in sign, "Have you ever played DnD?"

Vanessa laughed silently. "Do I look like a nerd?" She paused before clarifying, "Kidding - the DnD kids in my neighborhood didn't understand sign and I hate using computers to speak for fun. I was pretty mad - I always thought it would be fun."

Becky slowly nodded. She also was never able to play in real life because she had no friends who wanted to play. She did try a few online games, but always quit within the first two sessions. She explained to Vanessa, "I think we're in a DnD game… kind of. Or a video game based off of DnD."

"Wouldn't we need a DM?" Vanessa awkwardly signed. "Or do you think…?"

"I mean, the characters have no idea there's a DM," Becky trailed off before standing and exclaiming, "We are our own dungeon masters!"

How is Aichou Noiji's bank?

This is actually a rentan bank! The filenames seemed strange, but that was just telling us it wasn't "ha", it was "ha hi fu he ho"!

The files are strange. They don't have noise added as much as they have delay and reverb added. The result isn't extremely pleasant. I do like the idea of banks with noise, but the noise is rather harsh and metallic. It would be a fun bank to play with for a very lo-fi effect.


Where can I download Noiji Aichou?

This is a very strange library with a very strange design. It is a horror UTAU for sure. If you like those, here is the official site where you can download Noiji.

No comments:

Post a Comment