Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Wiki Wednesday #200 - AL-173-Alatiel

 This article was guest authored by Franz Feldman.

Wiki Wednesday #200 - AL-173-Alatiel

It sure is a fun coincidence that I get to write this article! Alatiel was made by SoraFan810 and is from an alien planet named Opliea. If you've been reading this blog long enough, you know where I am from! (note from Mae: Franz is a fictional character born around the year 3000 who lived on Mars.)

Even though she is sweet and kind, she has been ordered to stay on her home world to fight even as her people are fleeing. And, she's being forced to fight by her father at age fifteen!  I could never imagine doing that to Belinda. 

Who is AL-173-Alatiel?

Official art from Bank
"Supposedly" fictional Chia here.

When I entered the trainees' dorm room, I froze. Six tall, lanky, and angry men were sitting on their beds. I don't have trauma relating to men - but I didn't exactly feel comfortable. Even a tall human man would feel uncomfortable with half a dozen angry professional basketball players staring him down. I turned around and left the room.

I sat against the wall while I tried to figure out the best plan of action. I had figured out what my entire speech would be, but I had assumed that the Captain knew about the whole 'only childbearing members of the species' rule. It was codified in my contract.

I stood and walked back into the room. The men looked even more annoyed. I cleared my throat and told them truth. I was entirely unqualified to do the job I was assigned. I didn't include the whole xenophobia thing, but I admitted that my position on paper was very different than my position in reality. They were humored.

Being cheeky, I also informed them that they were also entirely unqualified. Murmurs of annoyance, but I pressed on. I pointed out the fact that they were unable to bear children. I told them that the program was for graduates of the Academy. They graduated from their own culture's military institution. And, finally, they all had jobs. Part of my job was to place them. How could I do that if they already were placed? I asked if anyone was unhappy. Maybe an engineer wanted to be a school teacher. I got a few derisive laughs.

I sighed. I asked if any of them had made the Captain especially angry. They would just be wasting time being 'trained' by someone unqualified. There was awkward shifting. I slowly nodded before looking around the room. They could see that I was confused.

I heard a voice that was foreign. In the Union, we speak American English. No member is allowed to have a noticeable accent. It's xenophobic. One of the soldiers was asking what I was looking for. I responded that I was supposed to show them basic instructional videos. But, I couldn't find anything that would logically play videos.

There was silence. Another voice, this one with a thicker accent, asked me if Union Ships had televisions in every room. My eyes drifted off as I tried to think of a way to answer that. We all had giant screens connected to the computer system in every room. I looked around this room and it was quite depressing. I couldn't actually see a single piece of technology. I looked at the man who asked me and told him to get out his phone. He was confused. He pulled a small brick out of his pocket and turned it towards me. If you know what a pager is on Earth, then you can imagine the device he was showing me. I hummed to myself. It seemed like this culture was vastly, vastly different from the Union.

The Union isn't a magical Utopia. We have our problems. But at the very least, we always have access to ways to distract ourselves and have something resembling fun.

How is AL-173-Alatiel's bank?

Again, I don't really understand this stuff, but I understand that this voice is adorable! It's very soft and sounds very sad. I know she's a fictional character, but hearing her sing makes me want to get in a spaceship and give her father a piece of my mind for not letting her happily play in the woods! Well, I don't know if her planet has the pristine forests like I grew up with. Maybe she could come to Earth!


Where Can I Download AL-173-Alatiel?

The link is on her utau Fandom page. She is really nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment