Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Wiki Wednesday #201 - Alawaiha's ALA

 This article was guest authored by Franz Feldman.

Wiki Wednesday #201 - Alawaiha's ALA

Well, I'm glad to still be helping! I'm proud of Mae for seeing a problem and fixing it so that I could more easily help her out! She was sick of all the computer sheet music she had for these voices that I'd be able to use without her help, so she made more! It took less time than she thought, so I had to beg her to take a break and let me get to writing!

ALA seems to be a Polish character. Mae couldn't find any information on the person who made her, but I had the bright idea to see if she was on YouTube still! She very much is still active, which is very cool! 

Mae is a bit beside herself at that revelation, though. The art felt extremely nostalgic to her, but ALA was created in 2017. All that we know is that she is a teenager who likes dark and creepy things.  Mae is mumbling about how that is just like 2010.

Who is ALA?

Taken from YouTube thumbnail


"Supposedly" fictional Chia here.

I didn't know who to track down to find a television. None of the men did either. There was no space to sit other than their beds, so we awkwardly stood in the middle of the room as we debated what we should do.

One of the oldest looking men pulled out his pager and tried to send a message to the communications team to see about sending over some kind of screen with a Union universal port. It went through, but the communications team didn't understand what a Union universal port was. They offered a film projector and a screen. I sarcastically wondered aloud if they had a VHS player. All of the men blankly stared at me.

I segued. I asked them if they wanted to be in the Union. There were muffled groans. The tallest pointed at the shortest and told me that the shortest, Lorch, didn't speak English. Huh. I slowly nodded my head.

The tallest sighed. He introduced himself. Syzlet. The Union taking over was an act of aggression to his people. They felt like prisoners. They could leave as individuals, but their entire lives were predicated on being soldiers. There was nothing for them on their home world aside from scorn for running away from the military.

I asked if any of them actually wanted to work on a Union ship. Lorch began to speak his native language, and Syzlet translated for me.

Their people has demonized the Union for so long. Lorch was different from everyone else in a lot of ways - he saw the "evil" of the Union as some kind of dream. Lavish meals. Hours of pointless entertainment. Beds with mattresses you sink into! But he knew he would be rejected instantly. He tried as hard as he could to learn English, but he had learning disorders that made it feel impossible. Even in his native language, he had speech impediments that therapy wasn't able to completely stomp out. Even if he magically learned it, he still wouldn't have the "perfect Union accent" that is expected of us.

I asked if I could be excused for a moment. Syzlet gave me a nod, so I left the room and sat on the floor with my back against the wall. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and tried to connect to the wireless system. I got an error. I looked around and saw an old fashioned device that looked like it was probably a phone. There was only one button, so I stood up, made my way to it, and pressed it. Through a tinny speaker, a voice speaking a foreign language asked a question. I paused and asked if anyone spoke English.

There was an awkward moment of white noise. The voice carefully spoke out in slow and stilted English. "Am I in trouble?" I reassured the person on the other end of the phone that they were fine - I just needed to make a call.

It took a while of reading off numbers and misunderstandings before my own phone was finally connected to the network. I went back to my spot to sit on the floor before calling The Shark.

How are ALA's banks?

Editor's note: It's a me, Mae-rio! ALA's voice provider is still active, so I really should "pull a prank", as I have been lately. And, if you're new here, the prank is just tuning really well using external programs.

I'll go in alphabetical order as according to the file explorer, so let's start with the CV append, Candy.

Well, there is no OTO! I... Am really glad I took over for Franz for this one - I don't think he'd know how to handle that. The voice is cute, but some samples are more fuzzy than others, so it can sometimes be jarring.



Act 2 CV was created shortly before candy. However, there is an oto file!! Other than plosives needing overlap fixed, it is a good oto file! She sounds great! There feels like there is less noise because the samples are very consistent in that regard. I love her and she's awesome! She has a really nice accent, the noise levels are consistent, and she's just super cute!


Finally, we have her VCV. It seems like there might be missing samples. This would be fine if there was a CV component, but there's no easy way to trigger gyu unless it's one of the two that exist. You can cut one of those into CV, but it's a strange issue. The oto isn't the best as it puts overlap in the wrong place.

Her voice is absolutely adorable, though! She sounds soft and feminine and cute!


Where Can I Download ALA?


All of the links are on her utau Fandom page. She is super great!

No comments:

Post a Comment