Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Wiki Wednesday #203 - Pastelli-kiwi's ALEXANDER

 Mae here - I'm going to hand this over to Franz, but I felt like I should explain the title. Pastelli-Kiwi is the old alias for a relatively popular Finnish UTAU user who is still active to this day. However, I found no mention of ALEXANDER on their current social media. Likely because they are not his voice provider. I had to include who owned him, however, because there is another Alexander. The URLs of the Fandom are case sensitive, so there really is an ALEXANDER and an Alexander on there.

Wiki Wednesday #203 - Pastelli-kiwi's ALEXANDER

ALEXANDER is a young man of age thirteen who loves the sea and wants to appear older than he is. To clarify, while I am still Franz, I'm being instructed to write like that. I am more tempted to list out everything, but Mae is pretty apathetic at this point and just wants to move on to the next section.

Understanding his backstory is dependent on knowing who the other character referenced is to some degree as it covers their sibling relationship. ALEXANDER wants to be old and cool, even though he is slightly younger than his sister.

Who is ALEXANDER?

art from UTAU fandom
"Supposedly" fictional Chia here.

Sometimes I was a counselor. I had been told that there was someone who had requested to speak with me after a surgery that allowed them to speak English. I didn't think too much of it and I didn't ask questions. 

When I made my way into the dimly lit interview room, I stopped in my tracks. Sitting at the grey metal table was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen. She stared ahead intently, so I just saw her profile until I shuffled my way into the seat across from her. I couldn't help but stare. She didn't look like she belonged to any species I knew of. Until I saw the bracelet on her wrist.

"Ouura?!" I clasped my hands over my mouth. She rolled her eyes and started to respond with her snarky 'not how it's pronounced' until her voice hitched. Her face was pained as she looked down at the table. She reached below the table and pulled out a clickbox. She asked if we could speak in my language. I nodded as I grabbed my clickbox and made absent-minded pleasantries as my mind raced.

Ooura was Iira's daughter. Since I joined the Union, they had always been in the periphery of my life. Iira was in our home so much, I started to think of her as a stepmother, meaning Ooura felt like a stepsister. She was young when I left. Even though she grew from a gangly child into a young woman, I still always saw that child's face when I saw her. But now that she had a nose and lips, I finally realized that Ouura was an adult. 

I asked how she was fluent in my language. She held back a laugh before rolling her eyes. She asked me if I paid any attention to what my mother told me. I shook my head slowly. My mother told me a lot of things that I didn't even register as information.

She did laugh, but stopped when a grimace of pain washed over her face. Her hand instinctively raced to her neck as if touching it could make the pain go away. She tried to regain her composure as she explained that her mother had forced her to go to school on my home world. She couldn't get into a Union affiliated English speaking school, but my home world put a large emphasis on studying English after I left.

I nodded along before bluntly asking why she had a nose.

She audibly hitched her breath. She looked around the room. She didn't really know how to answer. She fiddled with the clickbox in her hand. I wondered why she was stalling until I saw the ring on her finger. 

I gasped loudly. I quickly asked if her partner had forced her to change her body. She shook her head. She told me that he regretted it. He loved her. He loved her flowing language and her beautiful face, even without her mask. His family pushed him, but he always stood firm that he loved her. But she wanted to fit in. She wanted to be good enough. He would never stop her - but now he wished he had.

I asked if she regretted it. 

How is ALEXANDER's bank?

The ALEXANDER bank is only one set of samples, the samples are standalone and not stringed, and they are encoded with Latin filenames.

The voice is wonderful! It sounds like a bored young man, as his art would have me assume. He sounds very nice and high quality.



Where can I download ALEXANDER?

You can download him on his UTAU Fandom page. He is really nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment