Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, January 6, 2023

Forgotten Friday #211 - 透葉 / Touha

 I'm a little bothered I don't have as many UTAU only tester USTs as I'd like. I have so few because they take ages to tune! The future may hold switching to a new synth to process samples, which would be very cool for the quality of the demos!

Forgotten Friday #211 - 透葉 / Touha

Touha is meant to be a boy with a girl's voice who likes sushi. There's nothing else really on the Visual Archive page, and his site has been taken down. Though, he has really cool art on his release video. I wonder why it wasn't packaged with the bank...

Who is Touha?

official art from bank
.
(resume campaign)

Vanessa nudged Becky. The men were sitting still with wide eyes. They didn't understand.

Becky cleared her throat before explaining. "The reason the lady at the castle didn't give us any actual objective was because we need to create the objective somehow. I can't just say that we need to murder twenty goblins, but we can decide to go to an inn and meet an NPC who will tell us to murder twenty goblins. They'll give us some kind of prize or new objective!"

Jasper stood and looked Becky directly in the eye. Becky realized how short he was when he had to look up at her. "Miss Priest, I think you might be in need of some good rest. You're speaking nonsense." He looked away for a moment before admitting, "And I'm not the kind of kid who runs around with murderers."

An awkward silence fell over the group. Becky looked over at Vanessa, who quickly signed that she wasn't a murderer. Faulkner and Blade were both awkwardly avoiding everyone else's gaze. To bring attention away from them, Becky tried to reassure Jasper, "I mixed up my words. I meant animals."

Jasper smiled. He patted the quiver on his back, "Well that's right as rain! I do that all the time… hope my family doesn't starve without me. No one can shoot down a bird like me!"

Faulkner regained his composition enough to ask, "Is anyone even tired?"

Blade scoffed. "A true warrior cannot feel tired. He fights until he collapses without warning."

Faulkner growled, "Are you insulting my people?"

Blade laughed. Vanessa grabbed Becky's hand and finger spelled 'stop it' into her palm. Becky stood and shouted, "We are a party! Either stop bickering or battle to the death!"

Both men shrunk. Blade stumbled out a stilted apology that constantly asked forgiveness from Becky's God. Faulkner huffed and stayed silent.

Becky pointed at Jasper and shouted for the men to apologize for scaring him. Jasper's face was drained of color and he was shaking. Becky motioned for him to come sit next to her. She sat down and hugged him, glaring at Blade and Faulkner.

"We have to work together," Becky lowered her voice as she rubbed Jasper's back. "If you don't want to work together, you're free to leave. But you'll probably never be able to get back to your homes if you leave this group."

"I need to commune with nature," Faulkner grumbled as he stood and went off to where he had captured the beast. 

Blade scoffed before standing and walking in the opposite direction.

Becky closed her eyes and decided that she was going to sleep until morning.

She didn't know what to expect exactly, but what happened was the opposite of her vague notion of what was expected. She opened her eyes and dry heaved as her head spun. Time travel wasn't fun. Maybe she could have actually tried to sleep! She felt Vanessa's fingers dig into her arm as she also tried to right herself. Thankfully for Jasper, he either actually slept through the night or just wasn't affected by time skips. He sat up straight and patted Becky on the back while mumbling vague reassurances.

How is Touha's bank?

He previously had other banks, but as I said earlier, the website was taken down. The archive luckily linked to the release video for his one pitch VCV bank, though!

The voice is much lower than I would have expected at G#3. That's generally where my voice is, and the information for this UTAU said that he had the voice of a young girl. The voice is not that - it's a soft but youthful androgynous voice, which is way cooler in my opinion. It also really fits his design.


Where can I download Touha?

The link to his distribution page is on the Visual Archive. He's really nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment