Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, February 24, 2023

Forgotten Friday #218 - らいく / Raiku

 no tulpa or anything, but I will be short because I'm sick with COVID, but I gotta keep the blog going.

Forgotten Friday #218 - らいく / Raiku

Raiku is a ten year old boy kid. He does not have a normal bank - his voice is wind chimes.

Who Is Raiku?


(resume campaign)

As soon as Faulkner finished playing, the woman who had given him the sheet music threw herself against his back and hugged him tightly. The 'game' failed to translate her through her sobs as she thanked Faulkner in his native language. He laughed as he stood with her still clinging to his back.

"It is my honor to play for you," Faulkner softly patted her on the arm as she slid back to the floor.

"I'll get your food for you!" She laughed as she darted away.

Faulkner led Becky and Vanessa back to the table. Becky and Vanessa fully accepted that they were in a world where nothing made sense, but Jasper hadn't fully caught on. He asked Faulkner, "What language were you singing in?"

Faulkner was confused as they all sat down. "What are we speaking now?"

"The language of the proletariat…" Jasper awkwardly shifted in his seat. 

"You're saying that the ruling class speaks a different language?" Becky leaned in with her elbows on the table.

Jasper was nervous. He slowly nodded. "I thought all you guys were like me because you talked like me, but he wasn't talking like me when he sang."

Faulkner softly patted Jasper on the back. When Blade wasn't there to antagonize him, he seemed so soft. "Jasper, I thought that you talked like me too."

"So," Becky awkwardly laughed. "None of us actually speak the same language. Vanessa speaks sign language, I speak English. This world translates between all of us so that we can understand each other."

Vanessa tapped Becky on the shoulder so that she would look over to her. Vanessa signed "But that woman spoke his language. That instrument is from his world."

Becky signed back, "Do you think this is part of Faulkner's world? Or maybe only part of it is? I mean… do you think that his world has electric kettles and the Wild West?"

"Ask him for me?" Vanessa's eyes were wide with excitement.

"Faulkner," Becky lowered her chin slightly as she asked out loud, "Do you know what electricity is? Or what electric kettles are?"

Faulkner looked up at the ceiling. Two of the words didn't even translate into his language correctly. "I don't understand the words." He sounded them out as he had heard them. The game didn't translate the words, so Becky and Vanessa actually heard his accent. Again, it was like nothing on Earth and somehow reassuring and kind.

Jasper was becoming more and more frightened by the moment. In his world, language was entirely about class. He was taught to fear anyone who spoke a different language. Not for nationalistic or jingoistic reasons, but because each class spoke a different language. His class was the lowest and was made to fear anyone higher up.

Becky noticed that the conversation was agitating him, so she changed the subject. "Where is Blade?"

"I checked on him the way I checked on you guys," Jasper started to calm down. He was able to just pretend the previous conservation didn't happen as long as he heard them speaking his language. "He told me to go away."

How is Raiku's bank?

There are only samples for vowels, so usts must be edited. They are configured so that the bell itself is fully static, only the silence is extended. You must move the notes to the fifth octave to sound the best, but the voice isn't very musical to my ears.


Where can I download Raiku?

No comments:

Post a Comment