Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Wiki Wednesday #208 - Alpine SA17

 Emily, not fully fronting.

Wiki Wednesday #207 - Alpine SA17

I assume that Alpine is a French human / poodle hybrid created by SoraFan810 and Bankon Jam Media. She was originally named Pauline Omen.

Who is Alpine?

Official art by Sawaranaide

I'm fictional Ouura, and I'm continuing from where I left off previously.

I was confused. I was in a strange place hearing someone who I didn't really know could speak speaking with an accent that I couldn't recognize. I thought that there was only one Madian accent at the time.

Minha's father explained. "I didn't expect much from life. Being from up North has such a stigma, my daughter doesn't even know. That's part of the reason I'm so quiet. I don't want her to expect it."

I nervously took another inedible looking thing and put it into my mouth. I looked around the room. Everyone looked like him. Stocky with large bellies. I realized that I had never seen anyone who looked like him before. 

"My wife…" He sighed. I looked back to him. "She didn't want a marriage. She wanted a child. I love my daughter, and I love my wife, but I know that they can't love me because they don't even know me." He let out a breathy rattle that I realized was meant to be a laugh. "She loves you. My wife does love you more than her own daughter. The one fight your mother and my wife had was over shipping you away to be in the Union. My wife wouldn't let go of you, so…"

"That's why the…" I nervously clicked the buttons on my click box as I tried to think of the word for covenant. I gave up. "She left me."

"Your mother who loves you wanted you away from her." 

I looked down at the table. I started to sob. I didn't know what to do. Should I hide my face? Should I look up? Down? 

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw a woman. She was short and stocky with wiry grey hair.

For my benefit, Minha's father addressed her in the dialect I understood. "This is your granddaughter I told you about."

The old woman gently put her hand under my chin and guided my face so that I was looking directly into her eyes. She made the loving and cooing pops and clicks that I had heard so many times, but never towards me. I stood straight up and hugged her tightly, digging my face into her shoulder as I cried.

When I composed myself slightly, my new grandmother sat down with us. It was a little rough, as she wasn't fluent in my dialect, and I hadn't known hers existed. Minha's father translated between us.

She respected his choice to keep his background a secret from Minha, even if it was difficult for her to not know her own grandchild. So meeting me was extremely special.

I left with him knowing I was actually loved. It changed me.

It still hurts, though. It's so difficult to explain. If my father had not broken the covenant of childcare, I would have been raised to be judgmental and cold. I would think that love was some disgusting and misguided thing that should be mocked. I would have happily broken away from my family and never speak to them again. But instead, I was raised as a Madian. I was raised to actually want to be connected to people.

How is Alpine's bank?

Alpine has a one pitch romaji encoded VCV. The oto is strange. The voice is nice. It is the kind that feels young and feminine while still being mature and powerful.



Where can I download Alpine?

You can download her from her Fandom page. She is a nice utau. 

No comments:

Post a Comment