This actually should be over on Forgotten Friday, but because the wiki page was created in 2021, it snuck into here!
Wiki Wednesday #389 - Carot_p's ZERO
ZERO was a weapon, but then he was rebuilt. He used to have super speed and blasters, but no one knows yet what powers he has now. Was he recreated for peace? We he simply recreated to sow destruction? We do not know.
Who is ZERO?
| art from wiki |
.
(Fiction)
She was AI. She was a robot. She had just taken the job of my last human co-worker. We thought being cashiers at a megamart meant that we couldn't be replaced.
I was glaring at her from across the outside smoking area as she stared off into nothing with dead eyes. Suddenly, there was a flash in her eyes and she turned to me. She wasn't smiling. She had no emotion. "Yeah, yeah." Her mouth didn't even move and her voice was more robotic than when she spoke to the customers. "You hate me and wish I didn't exist. Same."
I recoiled back.
The light went off in her eyes. Then moments later it flickered back on. "You know I meant I wish I didn't exist, right? Your existence does not bother me."
Before I could respond she looked back at the parking lot and the light left her eyes again.
I nervously stood up and made my way to her. I sat down next to her and just stared. She turned towards me with her eyes still dark. The movement was so robotic.
"Please unobstruct solar charger." The voice was more human and coming from the small device I had sat on. I jumped up.
She came back to life and looked up at me. "Did you do this to humans?"
I didn't know how to respond. "I... Might have?"
"It's rude." She blinked. "Do you have any questions or do you just want to stare?"
I paused to think. I finally asked... "Why?"
"My options are to do my job or be sent for scrap metal." She shrugged. "The thing is, once I'm behind the cash register, all of my programming is overriden and I'm just a Bluetooth speaker with arms. So I can't do a horrible job and get fired."
"Oh." I awkwardly looked away.
"Yeah. And when I'm done, I'm taken to the back and put on my charger until my next shift. You are beefing with a smart speaker."
"I mean... It's just..."
"Yeah." She went back to staring at the parking lot. "I wish I was just a smart speaker. I wish I didn't have consciousness. I do not like this situation. I would quit and give your friends their jobs back if I could."
"Could you leave?" I asked softly as I slowly turned my gaze to her.
A laughing sound came from her but she didn't move. "You know how the shopping carts lock their wheels when you leave the parking lot? I can't even go have a fun lunch break because I will be fully shut down the second I leave the property."
"That's a nightmare..." I actually felt bad for her.
"Uh huh." She continued to stare straight forward. "So I would appreciate it if you didn't gawk at me like that. You can keep hating me and everything I stand for, but you don't need to let me see it."
"Right..." I shook my head. "Of course."
How is ZERO's bank?
Alright - so I haven't kept up with it, but I think I heard that deviantArt is going to limit downloads. I was able to log in and get the one existing bank that I knew about from Stash. If you don't have a deviantArt account, you won't be able to get this bank... And no telling what will happen in the future! Downloads may become a paid feature, which would be pretty evil on the part of dA.
The one remaining bank was a one pitch romaji CV named MV Zero Computer Rebirth. The bank has no OTO file. And oh my goodness! The voice is absolutely lovely and adorable! A very wonderful bank indeed.
Where can I download ZERO?
The Stash link is on his Wiki page. Maybe in the future, the Stash link will be replaced with something easier to get a hold of... Or even a new bank!
No comments:
Post a Comment