Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Wiki Wednesday #390 - Kyoui Yakumine / 薬味音驚異

 oh no.

Wiki Wednesday #390 - Kyoui Yakumine / 薬味音驚異

Alright. Kyoui is an 18 year old woman who is shy but loves dancing, but that's not the important thing at this moment.

Kyoui actually shares her bank with her two siblings - ya know, different gender flags, different characters. Well... This bank is broken. It is further than Mojibake - the conversion was so strange that things became corrupted. And while trying to fix it... The file browser said "no. I think not." That's a VM skill issue, but yeah, the entire VM crashed. But I got it back up and running!

Kyoui technically has another bank that wasn't linked to in her Wiki page, but that isn't her! It's another UTAU and you can achieve her voice via gender flags. I'll give that UTAU their own article.

Who is Yakumine Kyoui?

art from site

.

(Fiction)

I had literally no intention of going into the ghost room.

When I bought my house, the realtor got me a great deal as long as I promised I would never go into one room. Look. Housing prices are too high and I'm not turning down that offer because I'm blocked from one room. 

So I consciously knew for months... Don't open the creepy door. You're not allowed in that room. 

But I slipped up. In my old house, the bathroom was down the hall to the right. That was not where the bathroom was in this house. That was where the creepy door was.

So in the dead of the night with my contact lenses out I thought I was opening the bathroom door. 

But it was not the bathroom door.

It was so cold and there was a big blue translucent blob. I just stood there trying to remember when I bought a glow in the dark shower curtain when I realized that this was not a bathroom. This was the secret creepy room I wasn't allowed to enter. I squeaked and turned around and closed the door and ran to my room. Surely... Surely it was a dream!

It wasn't.

The next morning there was a piece of paper in front of the door on the floor. When I picked it up I saw the fancy calligraphy: "Please visit again!"

It was morning. Creepy ghosts were a night thing, right? I opened the door and saw a skeleton sitting at a tea table. Before I could scream the blob appeared. 

"Toots!" I could see a face in all of the blue aura. "What took you so long?!"

The skeleton turned and waved at me. I felt ice on my wrist and I realized the ghost was pulling me into the room. I complied.

"Why do they keep telling people not to visit us?" The ghost sighed. "We're fun people!" He paused. "You got moonshine?"

I shook my head. "I'm five years sober."

The skeleton moved as if he was laughing. It felt like there were bugs under my skin.

"Well..." The ghost looked so sad. "Could you buy moonshine?"

I shook my head. "My sponsor would rip me a new one. I don't feel comfortable with that."

The skeleton started signing in ASL. I blinked. What? 

"Fine." The ghost shook his head. "Mouthwash? Can you buy mouthwash?"

"Wouldn't that just make you throw up?" I stopped myself. "Why do you want that? It doesn't seem like either of you could drink it."

The ghost shrugged. "Why not?"

I took a moment to think. "What about a pack of playing cards?"

The ghost lit up. "Yes! That would be amazing! And dice?"

I nodded. "Have you ever heard of Dungeons and Dragons?"

The skeleton signed something.

"No, but..." The ghost pulled out a chair for me. "I think we'll have a lot of fun together."

And that's how I started my first D&D campaign. 

How is Kyoui Yakumine's bank?

Kyoui has an interesting voice. It is one of those nice voices that for some people, will really light up people's eyes. Fixing the encoding is a one time issue if you fall in love with this bank - and it wouldn't even be too difficult, just time consuming and tedious. The voice is very nice!


Where can I download Yakumine Kyoui?

You can find her on her voice provider's carrd

No comments:

Post a Comment