I hate Windows so much...
Wiki Wednesday #387 - ケイ・L・リーベル / Kay Lott Liber
Kay is an agender children's literature writer who loves organization.
Who is Liber Kay Lott?
| Art from Site |
(Fiction)
Flannery O'Connor watched television.
I read her stories and books and was wrapped up in this nostalgic ideal that only a white woman could wistfully think about. What if I was in that antiquated world where borderline magic happened?
But I was in the 1950s in a boarding house with a little old lady who kept doting on me.
Time travel is a sticky thing. I didn't know if I was just stuck here or if I would be ripped back to my time. I felt dumb.
I Love Lucy was on the air waves in 1951. There was no point where the 1950s were the Little House on the Prairie. But I still expected to be in a world where I could get my leg stolen in a barn if I just had a prosthetic leg.
"So..." A gentleman with a natural Southern drawl sat down next to me in front of the television. "Ain't from these parts, are ya?"
I looked at him up and down before asking. "Why do you sound black?"
He face palmed and dropped the accent. "This is the South in 1959. That's what everyone educated sounded like! Have you seriously not noticed that?!"
I paused. "Huh."
"You're going around with your Hollywood accent and making everyone think they need to call up the asylum." He rolled his eyes. "If you can't go back, can you at least try?"
I huffed a bit. But then I realized why that old lady was being so nice to me. "Anyway, why are you here?"
"The civil rights movement." He shrugged. "Honestly, I overshot a bit. Now I have to wait a decade to try and stop the assassination."
I scrunched my eyebrows at him.
He suddenly seemed sick. "You're one of those."
I was visibly confused.
"You read some Flannery O'Connor and seriously thought her world was some silly little world with silly little people insulated from the, you know, being the Civil Rights movement?" He was very annoyed. "No. You can go out and play on a farm, but it's not some little pocket dimension that you can just flounce around in."
"Wait, what?'
"Look, I really overshot it. I've been here since the 1940s." He rolled his eyes. "And there are so many women like you who haven't even read her whole body of work who don't understand basic history."
I rolled my eyes. Was it my fault I didn't know when I Love Lucy premiered? Was it really my fault that I had actually really bad media literacy skills? I huffed. "It's better than TikTok, old man."
"What does that even mean?!" He was actually confused.
"I-D-K," I rolled my eyes. "But like..." I was lying. TikTok was better than living in a boarding house in the Deep South in the 1950s. TikTok was much, much better and I had made an awful mistake. I gathered my courage. "But I bet you were a Redditor!"
He wasn't even offended.
How is Kei L Riiberu's bank?
Alright. Project onto me whatever opinions you believe I should have about the concept of RVC being used for making UTAU banks. I have opinions, but not enough to say them out loud. So as long as the opinions are legal and sensible, sure. Whatever. Me too. Cool.
But this UTAU is different because I believe five people were squished together in attempt to make voice soup! Misusing a resource in a silly but harmless way is fun! Making something into an experiment with a hypothesis will easily make me pay attention.
The bank has six pitches and I think I misunderstood the human soup goal. Instead, perhaps each human contributed one pitch and then RVC was used as glue instead of as soup. C’est la vie, ya know.
The bank is pretty cool as it has a very large range.
Where can I download Liber Kay Lott?
They are on their distribution page!
No comments:
Post a Comment