Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, July 31, 2026

Forgotten Friday #396 - Peachbite's Uotan / 魚短

 You'll never guess where I am! I mean, you know I'm in my house. But this text is being input into a Virtual Machine inside of Linux!

Forgotten Friday #396 - Peachbite's Uotan / 魚短

I have a keyboard now! I've always had a keyboard, but now the keyboard is just more necessary after becoming a Linux Girl. Anyway! I have no idea if Uotan is a fish or just a teenage girl who is obsessed with fish. She hates penguins because they eat fish and she hates dolphins for pretending to be fish. But, you know. the definition of fish is sufficiently vague that you and I could be fish.

Who is Uotan?

official art

Spark was in shock as her mother pulled away a rock and revealed a dull glow. She followed her mother into the opening of the little cavern. 

"It was once dry." Her mother's affect was flat. "But most of this should still work."

She turned towards Spark and gestured around. "We've got military grade clothes that trap in heat. We've got chemical packs that generate their own heat. We've got emergency food that tastes awful but is very healthy. Most vents have these caves. You've got enough to go to the nearest vent at least."

"You knew about this?" Spark felt like she was spinning.

"Yeah." The echolocation clicks were wavering and sad. "I... Wanted to keep it a secret so that you and your sisters would think there was no way out."

Spark knew not to be upset. She couldn't even find it in herself to think her mother's actions were even a little wrong. When she was a dumb kid, she probably would have tried to go out on our own if she thought it was possible. That would have been deadly with her lack of experience. But she was older and smarter now. 

"I guess..." Spark struggled to pull together the words. "Is this it?"

Silently, her mother swam around the cavern grabbing supplies. She wrapped up Spark in the hydrophobic cloth and threw packages into a bag. Spark felt like there was no way that her mother hadn't practiced all of this at some point.

"I'll always miss you..." Her mother's clicks were as soft as possible. "I... I'm always going to miss you."

"I might come back with a husband!" Spark tried to reassure her mother.

"I don't think I can let you say goodbye, Spark." She shook her head. "If I tell them you snuck away, they won't judge me for not stopping you."

It sunk in. She had two choices. She could listen to the pain in her mother's voice and stay... Or she could listen to the pain in her own heart and leave.

When she realized she was as bundled and warm as she could be, Spark took the bag. "I love you." She looked down at the vent locator in her hand.

Before her mother could respond, she darted out of the cavern and into the inky darkness. She looked down at the vent locator and followed the arrow forward. 

Her mother slowly swam out of the cavern and placed the rock back in place to hide it. She hadn't given Spark all of the supplies. There was enough for all of her daughters to leave. 

But she prayed that she wouldn't need to let them know about it. She couldn't even see Spark in the darkness and she didn't want to draw attention to her location by calling out for her. 

So instead of calling out in a way that Spark could hear, she screamed out warbled cry that was dampened by the water.

How is Uotan's bank?

So, look. This is an abandoned UTAU. Not just abandoned, but scrubbed from the internet except for a few places that no one thought to remove. While Uotan had like five banks, we are only left with her Act 1. What moral responsibility do we have to not use UTAUs that seem purposefully scrubbed from the internet with just a few stray files still on someone's old alt Mediafire? With no notice asking us not to use them, I figure none!

Her act 1 is a romaji encoded CV bank. Her consonants tend to be long and her samples are very quiet, but her voice is extremely adorable!


Where can I download Uotan?

You can find her on her Wiki page!

No comments:

Post a Comment