Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, July 24, 2026

Forgotten Friday #395 - Toby Osbourne / トービー・オズボーン

 so tired... And I've done nothing!

Forgotten Friday #395 - Toby Osbourne / トービー・オズボーン

Toby is a snarky teen guy.

Who is Osbourne Toby?

From concept art
.

(Note, these characters speak exclusively though echolocation.)

Spark stared up at the inky nothingness. She had always listened to stories about the before times. The tiniest glimmers of sunlight. The bioluminescent fish overhead. But now...

A rogue planet has no sun. No sun meant that the ocean was fully frozen over. It was too cold for those beautiful fish. The only thing allowed to exist was whatever could settle down at the geothermal vents at the very bottom of the sea. 

She let out a disappointed click as she turned away from the sky. She pulled herself down into the bed of algae.

"Spark..." Her mother was always nervous around Spark. It wasn't that Spark was dangerous. It was how much she had changed after learning about the world outside of their ocean. "We're preparing dinner. Your favorite."

Spark didn't want to be rude. She really did love the dinners her family made. But at the same time... She wanted to go eat the things she saw on the old transmissions. The old waterproof terminals from the surface that had broken and couldn't be repaired underwater.

She pulled herself up from the sand and shook a bit to knock off any sand stuck to her fins. She saw the happiness on her mother's face when she began swimming towards their home. 

"I'm sorry I'm such a bummer..." Spark mumbled. "I just... Feel... Like it's the end."

Her mother froze. When Spark realized the growing distance between them, she turned back.

"I mean..." Spark rubbed her palm against her forehead. "You and Dad have done amazing. We're alive. We're as happy as we can be. But we can't risk leaving our vent to even know if we're not the only ones." She closed her eyes. "The only way I could have children to mean it wasn't absolutely the end was if I risked my life for possibly nothing!"

"Is it really important to you?" The clicks of echolocation were labored.

Spark looked up. "I never wanted children. But I... I don't want to watch it all end here. I don't want to sit around and watch you all die until there's nothing but the blackness. I would rather go into the blackness and pretend that you are all here - safe."

There was silence. And then her mother spoke. "I understand. My only solace was the idea that I wouldn't outlive you and your sisters. But..." She turned away. "Let's have one last nice dinner before we talk about this."

Spark was frozen in shock. She didn't understand how it could be so easy... But she was extremely grateful. "We'll have the most lovely dinner. We can talk about how lovely our lives have been."

Her mother tried so hard to pull herself together. She couldn't. She took Spark's hand and swam with her to their little dwelling.

Her father and her sisters knew that something was very wrong. But it would be better to just ignore it. 

How is Toby Osbourne's bank?

He has a one pitch VCV Act 2 bank. He sounds very nice. 


Where can I download Osbourne Toby?

You can find him on his wiki page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment