Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #17 - Aiko Nyoko

Who is Aiko Nyoko? How can I download Nyoko Aiko? This is a force of habit.

Wiki Wednesday #17 - Aiko Nyoko

Aiko wasn't very high on my list of UTAUs to write about until I just randomly picked her voicebank to test my Moresampler to Uniform program. At the time of writing (because I forget to come back and edit with relevant links) the only video regarding that program that is uploaded is the tutorial on how to do the same method by hand using spreadsheets.

Ironically because all of my testing was from within Intellij and BlueJ, the first time I heard a sample was when I was making the spreadsheet video! However, when I heard the sample I instantly was impressed and knew I would enjoy writing about her.

Who is Aiko Nyoko?

Official Art by FlutteraliviaNL
Aiko was created by Alivia-P back in 2017, though the newer banks were recorded in 2018. (I'm not even kidding, part of me sees that and says "She was released in the future?!" The hardest part of being a 90s kid is contending with the fact that it will be the 20s soon.) 

Aiko is a DUTCHloid, which I assume means she loves Double Dutch. (Kidding, I know it means she was made by a Dutch person.) She is thirteen and her birthday is August 6th. She loves trains, marshmallows, and caramel. Like most of us, she hates spiders.

My absolute favorite thing about her is the first line in her Act 2 VCV's ReadMe:
Adorable!!

How are the banks?

Aiko has three banks - one CV and two VCVs. All three are are just one pitch. 

Her CV is a mess with no hiragana aliases, but thankfully Moresampler will add those aliases in a jiffy! I don't like the result...
... But BOY HOWDY do I prefer it to doing everything by hand! (but why does it always say ふ is ふう and び is ヴぃ??)

I love the voice type, but there are problems with the CV that make using it over the VCV not worth it.
Next is her Act 1 VCV. The voice is less "adorbs", but it only had one "error" that I needed to fix for this sample, and it was minor. "i た" is more forceful than her other samples, which makes it stand out. I replaced it with "- た" in the sample to make it sound more cohesive.
Finally, there is her Act 2 VCV.  I'm torn on whether I like the Act 1 or the Act 2 better. They both have their own occasional glitches, and the tone is really similar. I assume Alivia-P would prefer we use the newer version, though.

Where can I download the banks?

All of the banks are on Nyoko Aiko's Wiki Dot page

Something about this UTAU really speaks to me. Despite being a relatively new UTAU, her voice makes me feel nostalgic for the old days. If you want to use a cute voice with a cute design, this girl is for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment