Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #20 - Ryuko Blair / 流行ブレア

NYOOOOOOM!

Wiki Wednesday #20 - Ryuko Blair / 流行ブレア

For comedic effect, I include a bit where I'm 'spiraling' trying to figure out how all of the pieces fit together. I hope I made it clear in the article, and in this section itself, that I do not suspect Ashuri Reddo / Mougeki Mero of any foul play. Please do not Nancy Drew Ashuri Reddo, because the only conclusion you can come to is that Ryuko Blair is exactly what she is described as.

Alright, I think I thinned my readership with plugging my Patreon so much. But, as I said, I'm not holding these two series hostage.

You can't really tell unless you look at the timestamps on the audio I upload, but I had been taking a bit of a break. I should note that I literally have another month from the writing of this article before I run out of content. But, you know something? My anxiety plays hardball. If I didn't get this sorted for at least another half month, I'd be going crazy while trying to study.

So, nyoom.

Who is Ryuko Blair?

Official Art Packaged with Bank

I actually messed up. Blair is one out of several UTAUs managed by one person. But in my defense, there are like three separate names listed on Blair's site, not including her voice provider, FiveSquared, or her artist, Yoshimaya. FiveSquared is apparently a Japanese user with five UTAUs under their management...

Either I stumbled into a crazy conspiracy where someone is posing as someone else, or maybe even stealing samples... But do I have the time to be interested and possibly offend people with incorrect allegations? Let's just say that Mougeki or Ashuri is someone who either has Japanese connections that allowed them to "commission" a popular Japanese UTAU user or Mougeki has a friend named FiveSquared who isn't the Japanese one....

Usually I'd be playing Nancy Drew, but do I have time for that?! Do I want to offend anyone?! No. We're just going to believe everything is above-board. I checked and FiveSquared is following Mougeki, so it would be 4D Chess if FiveSquared wasn't actually aware of this whole situation. Everything is above the board. Mougeki is friends with FiveSquared and that's why FiveSquared helped Mougeki.

Blair's readme has fanfics FiveSquared's other UTAUs, so it's worth a read. This is an interesting character who runs a fashion empire for some reason. Anyway, nyoom. 

How are the banks?

I was mistaken and believed that her VOGUE bank was all of the original bank along with all of the append. However, that's not the case. I still only had downloaded the VOGUE, so nyoom. 

But, I mean, usually I'm jumping for joy when I listen to a bank that is this quality. The things I don't like are either painfully common or easily fixable (or both!) The OTOs aren't great (or uniform), but that's not hard to fix. The samples are really short, but that's common.

If you asked me to describe the voice and who this bank is meant for, I would honestly say it is for someone who liked the original Namine Ritsu a lot but hates touching anything that isn't politically correct. It's a really good bank, but I shouldn't have written about it given everything I know now. It's not really a shout-out to a user who is overlooked, it's just a shout-out to a specific bank. So, yeah, it's cool and worth downloading if you like the voice.

2022/09/07 edit: how did none of y'all tell me that I never embedded the voice clip 😭? I don't know what I meant at the time, or why there's only one voice clip if vogue wasn't the only bank, but this is all I did for the utau:
 

Where can I download Blair Ryuko?

You can download Blair Ryuko on her website, which is a trip. This was not a good article and I am aware of that, but you know, I'm absolutely fried from all of the studying and I just want to get some things off of my plate.

Seeya Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment