Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #21 - Daigiri Roko / ダギリロコ

Woah, this name looks really Japanese but there's no Kanji version! 大喜利  (switching o to dai to fit) would mean something like great love, and ロ子 could be almost anything!

Wiki Wednesday #21 - Daigiri Roko / ダギリロコ

Finally! A simple, one pitch, romaji encoded CV bank... And it's the user's first UTAU! This is what this blog is for. I get hurried in my "research" and let things that shouldn't slip through slip through, but this. This is why I'm still here. There's even no OTO file! Wait... Whoops. I really got what I was asking for.

All I know about Roko's voice provider is that Toastling is a young person who identifies as female. That's literally all I can figure out.

Who is Roko Daigiri?

Icon packaged with bank
Roko is a non-binary, half-alien who loves raindrop cakes. And that makes me really happy for some reason. 

I really don't have much to say about the character themself. They has a super adorable design and an even cuter backstory.

Now, onto the interesting part!

How is the bank?

Hold up for a second because I need to tell you guys all something.

If you want to use UTAUs that don't have OTO files without fussing with the nonsense Moresampler spits out, download SetParam 4.0-b190504, or whichever version is newer. This is a sample size of one (relatively) decently recorded bank without too many cut / eaten consonants, so more testing should be done. However, Moresampler had a tendency to just eat the consonant completely and plop down offset in the middle of the vowel. Older versions of SetParam just... SetParam'd weirdly. This version gets it the most right out of everything I've tried, with the biggest casualty being preutterance. 

I don't know how to auto-alias romaji to hiragana, but in this case I just had to work some spreadsheet magic and we got to where we is.

This bank just makes me happy. I think it's just that fact that it sounds so much like what my friends were making back... ten years ago?! Ouch. Every time I remember how long ago 'the good days' were, I just get shocked.

I really hope that Toastling enjoys UTAU and records more banks in the future.

 Where can I download Daigiri Roko?

Download Roko over on their UTAU Wiki page. There probably isn't much demand for voices like Roko's, but I don't care. Hearing that Meltdown sample makes me so happy!

Happy thoughts and happy trees. Feeling better this week.

8 comments:

  1. Heya! It's toastling! I'm glad you were able to find the bank and put in your opinion on it, I think that's wonderful. I made roko a new bank recently, though I'm not sure if ill be releasing it. I made art for it, not sure if that'll be out either. Ive come to the conclusion that I'm just a lot better at making covers than I am making utauloids. (That, and Utah doesnt particularly like rendering my voice)

    When I recorded Roko, I did it at a pitch that I don't usually sing in. This probably had a factor in the quality of their voice. I'm aware that Roko's vb.. well, sucks. I made them and their demos when I had first started using UTAU.

    Nonetheless, I still use the character and me and my friend still make jokes about them. They're kind of a lift-off project that I did to work towards other things. Maybe when I have the resources necessary, I'll make an actualy good vb.

    Thank you!
    -toastling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (im really sorry to have such unnecessary chain going here, but i do in fact have a bank of theirs coming out.. eventually, and i've made a demo- with meltdown, actually. let me know if you'd like to hear from them.)

      Delete
    2. It's no worries :) ! I always love hearing new UTAUs!!

      Hopefully, though, I'll never be able to write about your new UTAU! My criteria are either the bank has been abandoned for at least five or so years (though I sometimes cheat) or has been out a few months (at least) and still has not gotten over 200 views on any videos (though I sometimes cheat and change my standards if I feel it isn't too big of a leap!)

      If this time next year your new utababy hasn't gotten more than 500 views on any video, please drop me a line! I'll do a write up on them :)

      Delete
    3. thank you, I think this is a really neat blog because i do stumble accross a lot of utauloids that don't get attention (i actually had wallows' vb downloaded for awhile)

      Delete
  2. If you have any questions about roko, please ask :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sup article writer. just wanna say, toastling has made more than one utauloid. They just want to hide it from you. E will conquer all voice banks. She will l i v e. LET E FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't CARE if she gets banned. It HAS TO HAPPEN. The ACTUALLY GOOD VOICE BANK as you SAID T O A S T has already been born.

    admit your lies toast.

    Anon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for uncover Eloid, yes she does exist and yes she is better than Roko.

      Delete
    2. she will be released eventually.

      Delete