Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, September 13, 2019

Forgotten Friday #38 - Bekkie Faito

While "faito" is used in Japanese to mean "fight!" or even "fighting spirit", as her voice provider intended, it makes it impossible to give Bekkie a Japanese family name with kanji. However, you can have a field day if you change it to "Haito" or "Haitou". 輩登 could possibly mean "Climb, comrades!" It's completely normal to just have the given name in katakana, but there actually is a word pronounced as "bekki." "別記". It means postscript. "冪", which is just Beki (the little tsu is removed) means exponent. None of this matters.

Forgotten Friday #38 - Bekkie Faito

As of February of 2015, Rebecca "Chiby" quit UTAU officially. She left all of the songs up and left up Bekkie's Act 2 bank. She obviously wanted to allow people to continue using Bekkie, even if she herself quit. 

If you're interested in seeing the works Chiby posted of Bekkie, check out her UTAU YouTube channel

Who is Bekkie Faito?

Official Box Art from UTAU Wikia

HOL UP. What is that kanji?? I'm pretty sure the second is "志". It means things like plan and intention. The onyomi is "shi". The first one though?? The only radicals I can make out are gate and bean. (Wanikani is dope.) Using the dope radical skills I got from WK and radical search on Jisho.org, I was able to figure out that the first kanji is "闘". I had never seen it before, and searching for it brings up 戦 for battle because it just be archaic I guess? Its onyomi is "tou". So her name is actually 闘志ベッキ?! Toushi Bekki?

I don't know. And as Chiby left in 2015, we'll never get an answer.

She loves broccoli and has the standard "私は歌うのが好き" UTAU backstory. Her birthday is listed as 1993, but her age is listed as 20. I mean, usually I put more effort into summaries, but the Japanese surname caught me off guard.

How is Bekkie's bank?

Only one bank is still available, and that is her Act 2. 

The OTOs are pretty decent, but being 2010 SetParam OTOs means no negative overlap. As Bekkie's samples are cut so that there is no silence preceding the sample itself, her plosives need negative overlap. As I said, that was literally not a possibility for MeroChan when she made Bekkie's OTO. 

I do like the voice. It is very 2010. 

Where can I download Bekkie Faito?

I believe the most direct way to download Bekkie is through the About page on Chiby's UTAU YouTube channel. 

This is a good CV bank if you like Western accents, and the OTO only needs to be tweaked in some places. That is to say, this is a pretty good plug-and-play 2010 era bank. No fiddling needed to make this girl sing! That enough is a reason to check her out if you're feeling nostalgic for the old days of UTAU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment