Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, September 27, 2019

Forgotten Friday #40 - 和歌ザト / Waka Zato

So, you shouldn't really reprimand children who do stuff like this. It's better to be catfishing with UTAUs than getting into trouble and throwing cherry bombs down toilets. I mean, is it ideal? No. But is it better than some of the alternatives? Yes.

Forgotten Friday #40 - 和歌ザト / Waka Zato

LegendMaker was at it again. I was in such a rush to download everything back when I was first making my spreadsheet that I didn't notice the design. But while I was pulling up the Nicopedia article to get started on this article, I saw the design. And I knew, dang it. Another LegendMaker UTAU. I'm am so confused until I remember that this bank was recorded in March of 2009. The OTO was literally stolen from another bank. (Note: that doesn't work for CV banks, and that's why we don't do that anymore.)

Basically, I won't get into why this entire bank is just kind of screwy from a whole backstory angle. That gets too personal, so let's just move on. 

Who is Waka Zato? 

Official Art Packaged with Bank

Well, let me share you his biographical information from the Nicopedia.
And like, you know that feel when you can't speak a language but a sentence looks off? "Este es Mi Utau con la voz de Mi hermano Menor". That's literally the only information given, and even then it's just... ??? I don't know. The random German Style Capitalization is strange.

Anyway, on to the bank.

How is the bank?

Well, it's a mess. There are no aliases, so there are samples named in hiragana and samples named in romaji. I think they're the same, but some samples are missing from the hiragana set that are in the romaji set.

And this was par for the course in early 2009. That's just kind of where the overseas fandom was at, because no one really knew what was going on.

Is it a bank worth saving? Meh. If you like it, then you like it.

Where can I download Zato Waka?

You can download him from his Nicopedia page. I don't know what the difference between "Act 1" and "Act 2" are, as almost all of the audio files are exactly the same. Well, the one big difference is that the Act 1 had a more professional design with the name OTAKU O.T.U. for some reason??

I think that's the thing that sums up LegendMaker UTAUs the most. "Okay... but... why? ... For some reason??"

Check back next week for a better article!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you mind sending his vb bcs I can't dl it on axfc :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go! http://www.mediafire.com/file/9y42cgmvd7g0o4e/和歌ザト.zip/file

      In the future, you can try this trick: https://utausnr.blogspot.com/2020/09/downloading-from-axfc-in-year-of-our.html

      Delete