Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #26 - softly deerla

Being an adult means that everyone under seventeen is a tiny little baby. According to some basic math, Deerla's voice provider was only eleven when she made Deerla. That just warms my heart.

Wiki Wednesday #26 - softly deerla

I will not say a single mean thing about this UTAU. Though her voice provider is now sixteen years old (according to her profile on the utaforum), Khristian W. was too young to even be allowed on the internet when she made Deerla! When you make an UTAU, that little piece of you is frozen in time. So, I don't see these banks as something a sixteen year old made years ago - I see them frozen in time as tiny little babies.

Who is softly deerla?

Official Art Packaged with Bank
This design just makes me feel happy inside. It is so adorable! So, Deerla is a deer. 

But oh my goodness, her backstory on the UtaForum just made my jaw drop. Of course, Khristian was fourteen (and not eleven) when she posted that. Her ReadMe from when she was created is much more spartan. She dislikes ugly things and loves drawing.

But oh my goodness. A half deer that is forced to hunt her own people?! I love it. The drama! The conflict! This girl who just wants to make the world beautiful is forced to witness the cruelty of humanity. Unless it's in a dystopian AU or the past, her dad could just go to Krogers. And that makes it even worse! She's being gaslighted! She's shown that she has to do it to obtain humanity, but she literally doesn't!! I want a softly deerla novel now.

How are her banks?

Deerla has a CV bank and a VCV bank. The CV has no OTO. Well, it has a Mac UTAU OTO. I'm not bothering with trying to convert that, so I whipped out SetParam.

Get ready to get shook, though. Other than the hard English Rs (which I love and you can never take that love away from me), her accent in the CV is on point. The only errors I can point out is that "hi" and "fu" have the consonants eaten, so you can't fully tell what they're meant to be. I love this CV bank and it is nearly perfect. The fatal flaw is the "h" line and how the consonants been eaten. But if you're already okay with English "R"s, you'll probably be okay with a few ambiguous notes.

Her VCV, on the other hand... The English "R"s are gone. Yes, that's better in the eyes of the fandom. Yeah, all users should strive to learn Japanese "R"s. But still.

The samples were recorded with quite a bit of distance between each syllable. I thought I was tripping because the OTOs looked like they were moresampler based on where the green hit the end of the preceding vowel, but they're uniform. And yes, I did open up Notepad++, change the values for Preutterance and Consonant, and then redo the OTO for every note. Why? Because I love this UTAU and I want everyone to here her at the best she can be! 


Where can I download Softly Deerla?

There are actually a ton of places, but I usually link to the UTAU Wiki, so that's what I will do here. Should you use this UTAU? Yes. Just yes this UTAU is awesome. I hope some people feel shook about how awesome this UTAU is. Because I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment