Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #27 - 叶千麟 / Ye Qianlin

This is random, because I kind of set out not to do this. This UTAU is Chinese and her entire website is Chinese. This feature was meant to show off the English speaking fandom primarily, but sometimes you just feel "lol so random penguin!!"

Wiki Wednesday #27 - 叶千麟 / Ye Qianlin

In researching for a future article (風南メル, if you're wondering), I sauntered over to the "links" section of his site. In what kind of world do I not click random buttons? Basically, I just felt like doing something, so I did!

Ye Qianlin was created by Jellymog. Jellymog is an amazing artist and can communicate in Chinese and Japanese. Anyway, on to the article!

Who is Ye Qianlin?

Official Art Packaged With Bank
As stated above, Qianlin is a Chinese UTAU. She has a gun. I don't know why she has a gun, but she has it. She is fifteen years old. She usually is optimistic, but she has a dark side to her also. Her Readme comes in both Chinese and Japanese, which is pretty cool.

How is her bank?

Qianlin has one bank, a one pitch VCV. There are some tiny tells that show that this is a Chinese UTAU, but you have to listen pretty darn hard to notice. The OTOs are a little wonky. They're uniform, but they also use numbers I'm not used to. But I am not fixing them this time. I have spent way too much time today fixing OTOs.

I feel like I'm pretty predictable. I love this UTAU's design, because I love most designs that are red and black. The design matches the voice nearly perfectly. So, I'm pretty sure you know what is coming next.

I adore this UTAU. I absolutely love everything about her. The voice is just so cute and sweet, and the design is adorable. If I had more time in my life, I think I would just use this UTAU for so many covers and original songs! But, I don't have that kind of time. So instead, just imagine me waving my arms frantically at the audio file while you listen to it.


Where can I download Ye Qianlin?

You can download Qianlin on her download page. Technically, it doesn't matter how many views she got on Chinese sites that I can't be bothered to search. Neither her Chinese Symbol name nor her romanized name show up on YouTube searches. So, she is unknown to the Western fandom. Should she be known to the Western fandom? Just listen to her! Of course! I'll try to not go rogue like this in the future - she isn't even on the Wiki! But this UTAU was worth bending the rules for.

No comments:

Post a Comment