Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, August 30, 2019

Forgotten Friday #36 - 貴野アキ / Takano Aki

This technically should be a "recovered" UTAU, but I'm not doing that series anymore due to the whole not having enough time thing. It's not really an interesting story, even. I just checked the internet archive because the domain was for sale.

Forgotten Friday #36 - 貴野アキ / Takano Aki

Sometimes you get into a lucky stride where you can just write about UTAUs that only have one one pitch CV bank for a bit. No VCV. No multiple audio files. You can even hand fix the OTOs and spend as much time as it would take rendering off five different samples from five different banks!

The down side is obviously that half of those times, there's just not much to say. It's an old UTAU that was abandoned after one CV bank.

In addition to the fact that this is technically recovered and not found, apparently Aki has a sibling named Yuki. However, I believe that by some magic, only Aki was able to survive. I've checked up, down, and all around and could only get the link for Aki to work, sadly. Regardless, let's get to this.

Who is Aki Takano?

The only image I could find; From Release Video

Aki is an eight year old boy. His favorite color is blue and he loves cars. He also loves games. I don't really have much to go on.

How is his bank?

Adorable with shockingly good OTOs! I really don't have much to say. I mean, of course for 2010 it's pretty darn good. But, it's pretty darn good for 2010. There are a ton of banks I'd rather use with designs I like more, but if you were doing a chorus that featured tiny little baby UTAUs, this guy would be right up your alley. I do feel like I would have enjoyed the other UTAUs by this user more... But sadly, I can't figure out how to get a hold of them.

Where can I download Takano Aki?

This Wayback link will take you to the page where you can download Aki. It's not a bad bank, but it's not one I see myself using. 

No comments:

Post a Comment