Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #23 - 菖蒲・ヴィルジニー / Ayame Virginie

Okay, making good headway. I'm feeling better. Maybe the sun went behind the clouds and it stopped being as stupid hot.

Wiki Wednesday #23 - 菖蒲・ヴィルジニー / Ayame Virginie

I won't lie. Seeing the name Ayame Virginie made me think this UTAU was from a former Soviet Bloc country. But, the character file and the readme file make it obvious that her voice provider, Peka_Chi, is in fact Japanese. 

Now, Ayame (as the word I won't even try to spell is her last name) has really big banks for a one pitch CV. Her second bank is over eighty megabytes because her samples are five seconds long. Ouch.

Who is Ayame Virginie?

Official Icon Packaged With Bank
I'm glad I've gotten into the habit of using icons and not full character drawings, because Ayame is half giant centipede. I think I'd scare away one of my few loyal readers if I just had random giant centitaur! (Get it? Centipede centaur?)

She is around twenty years old and (obviously) is a hybrid between humans and insects. When she stands up fully, she is over six feet tall. The centipede part of her body is really heavy and she hates bees. (Not the bees!) She doesn't know if pesticides work on her, but she still doesn't like them.

Does anyone remember that thing in Azumanga Daioh, you know, the cone thing with the chocolate? And it was a big deal about how you eat them? She likes those! I googled it, and it looks so much better than that anime led me to believe. 

Gosh darn it. Now I want bread and chocolate!

How are the banks?

I combined the two CV banks into one Kire bank, because that's just how I roll. I also lowered the UST by an octave because, well, it got a little yelly. 

It's weird. Like, it just wasn't what I was expecting. I don't really know how to describe it, so just listen with your own ears. Version one is the base and everything above A3 is Version 2.

Where can I download Ayame Virginie?

The only place I know of that links to both banks is Peka_chi's BowlRoll.

I mean, this is kind of a design over voice thing. The bank isn't anything revolutionary, but it's not bad. But the design? If you're looking for odd and wacky, this girl has that.

No comments:

Post a Comment