Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #25 - 魔論ちゃん / Maron-chan

This article will probably be pretty short. I'm pretty sure this is a joke UTAU. Some tiny research shows that this UTAU breaks my rules for Wiki Wednesday, as "na" has a ton of UTAUs apparently. However, as I could only find them using a method that rarely works, I didn't even bother looking until just now. Like I said last week, I'm breaking my rules because nyoom. 

Wiki Wednesday #25 - 魔論ちゃん / Maron-chan

I really debated whether I should include this. I have a really weak stomach for horror, but I just reminded myself that I have no problem with Mike Wazowski, so I could stomach this girl.

Her voice provider has been missing from NicoVideo since 2013, but amazingly she is still on Twitter to this day. At least I think? When you search the Twitter handle given on NicoVideo, the account has been suspended. (What the heck did they do to get suspended?!) However, when you search that handle, the only time it comes up is when this account tweeted the name. I sent that user a tweet asking if the Okota in the ReadMe was the Okota using that account. I'll update this when I get a concrete response. (The only one I got so far was "んー?" and that doesn't tell me yes or no.)

Who is Maron-chan?

I usually put the picture above the break, but don't click "read more" if you're freaked about limbless spheres with only one eye.
Official Art Packaged with Bank
Well, you know those UTAUs where you're just kind of resigned to the UTAU not having much to write about? Most of the character description is redundant when you have the image to look at. She was born on March 3rd and likes both vegetables and sweets. Despite looking like she might be an apparition herself, she dislikes ghosts. She also dislikes insects, but who doesn't?

Really, it's a joke UTAU from someone who has their own serious UTAU. I not only had no idea that Maron-Chan was a joke UTAU from a user that had more than one UTAU, but I also had no idea that her serious UTAU completely disqualified for Wiki Wednesday. Whoops!

How is Maron-chan's bank?

It's a one pitch CV with wonky OTOs. I mean, I literally adore this voice, but it's lower quality than other voices that sound like this. And, I mean, I'd rather use those and their cute designs than look at this design. Not going to like, I feel pretty freaked out writing this with Maron-chan staring at me. You know art is good when it makes you feel unsettled.

 Where can I download Maron-chan?

Hit up her UTAU Wiki page to download Maron-chan. If you want to make an UTAU monster chorus, this is a shockingly good bank for the whole "monster joke" thing. If you just want an UTAU to use with this voice type? Maybe scoot along to a less shocking UTAU.

No comments:

Post a Comment