Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #31 - Ajiata's Psyche / プシューケー

I actually giggled, covered my mouth, and said "oh... cutie..." when I saw the katakana Ajiata had given for Psyche's name. It actually is the accepted pronunciation according to Jisho, but as an American where it is pronounced サイク or サイキ depending on the context, it was just a silly little thing that made me giggle.

Wiki Wednesday #31 - Ajiata's Psyche /  プシューケー

I wouldn't have been able to write about this UTAU if I had kept with the whole "save the collectives for investigations" thing. I've double booked UTAUs for Forgotten Friday and Wiki Wednesday before, but I've just been kind of hesitant to do that. This UTAU only has one other UTAU linked to her, so I just thought... I'm doing it. I'm going to write two separate articles. 

Of course, I won't do them back to back because of a promise I made (mostly to myself, and partially for my five dedicated readers) that I wouldn't just spam one series week after week. I get it is a little silly, but maintaining this blog to begin with is really silly. 

Now, let me say, this bank's voice provider is apparently Milkychan. But that makes no sense! A Polish user with 300 subscribers gets a German singer with over 100,000 subscribers to record a bank? And Ajiata hasn't even posted a video with Psyche?! Psyche has no YouTube videos, no Wiki page... The only place she exists is on her download page on Ajiata's website. 

Is this an illegal UTAU?! (Spoiler, it's totally legal. I should probably stop writing these sections in such a hyperbolic manner.) Well, we're here...

Who is Psyche?

Official Icon Packaged with Bank
Psyche is seventeen years old and 5'5''. She was born on December 9th, which was also her release date in 2014. Her character item is her necklace and she loves reading. She dislikes unkindness and, I mean, maybe they meant a different Milky? I've had this moral dilemma of the story making literally no sense before, and I still haven't gotten confirmation in that case. Ajiata has been missing since February of this year, so I just tweeted at Milky asking if she was the voice provider. (She replied!! Milky is Psyche's voice provider!! The world works strangely.)

How is her bank?

The OTOs are wonky, so she's not an ideal plug and play UTAU. It's a one pitch romaji encoded CV, and by those standards, this is a really good bank. The voice type is nice and it is a popular voice type. It's got a bit of an accent, but having a bit of an accent is great and makes the voice more unique. 

How can I download Psyche?

As I said earlier, the only place I've found to acknowledge Psyche's existence (outside of quick mentions in Ajiata's bios) is her official distribution page. This is a really good UTAU for what it is. I doubt Psyche will get an update, but it would be really cool if she did. Milky really does have a good voice, and it would be cool to get a three pitch VCV. But, it is very unlikely.

Hopefully, people who like this voice type will see this and finally give this UTAU a YouTube video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment