Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #32 - Mal-Cat's Bat

See what I said about scheduling? This isn't too far removed from the first in this series that people would have forgotten, but it isn't close enough to make people bored of these UTAUs. Fun fact, however. I had forgotten to download this UTAU somehow, meaning I had to do exactly what I said I wouldn't do... Download another UTAU. 

Wiki Wednesday #32 - Mal-Cat's Bat

If Mal-Cat wasn't kind enough to organize everything so nicely on their dA, these UTAUs would be a nightmare to write about. They aren't packaged with icons, readmes, or character text files. Just the samples, the OTO, and the FRQ. I really, really dislike using images that aren't packaged with the bank, but I literally have to take images from elsewhere if I want to make this article.

What I feel morally right doing when I don't have an image from the bank itself is using one from the UTAU Visual Archive or the UTAU Wiki. But, those don't exist either! Only their dA. So, I'm sorry Mal-cat, but I gotta get the images from somewhere.

Who is Bat?

Official Art by Mal-Cat
Without a name change, this UTAU will be nearly impossible to search. It's just BAT! That's okay, though. UTAU isn't some business. You can do whatever you want.

Bat is an eighteen year old woman. (Bat woman?) She is 5'6'' and was released on February 4, 2014. Her design is completely and utterly adorable. I absolutely love it. The color scheme, the heart shaped nose, the cute fangs. Perfect. 

There isn't much info on Bat, so on to the next section.

How is the bank?

Bat's only available bank is a one pitch, romaji encoded CV bank recorded in December of 2017. She has some English capabilities with samples like "dra" and "pla". Of course, I'm ignoring that because I'm just using my testing UST. 

I could fix the OTOs, which are wonky, but that doesn't feel that important. Why? Because you can discern the voice type without the OTOs being perfect. And, well, though I'm not the biggest fan of this exact sound, it matches the design perfectly. And, because the voice and design are one cohesive package, I adore the UTAU. (The "ha" sample is messed up a bit, but you can replace it with "fa" and it will sound basically correct.)

Where can I download Mal-cat's Bat?

On Bat's release deviation! This is the kind of UTAU you primarily use for the design. And I don't mind because look at the design!! It is completely adorable!! That isn't to say the voice isn't good - it is! But it pales in comparison to the design. Will the next Mal-cat UTAU be this way? Only one way to find out! Stick around and that article will be released... I'm not sure when. Maybe by the time you're reading this, it will have been released. I'm bad at timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment