Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, November 22, 2019

Forgotten Friday #48 - 白牙マナ / Byakuga Mana

I found a blog that does something similar to me - it's even also on Blogspot. They claim to have archived 631 UTAUs at the time of writing this. I think it would take roughly five years to overtake them as the main source for archiving UTAUs in blog format... But, you know, they don't have a scheduling thing going on and I do. I could technically dump five articles in one week to become the "winner" of a contest that doesn't exist. That's just silly and not something I'd think of doing. But, you know, it's fun to do math. 

Forgotten Friday #48 - 白牙マナ / Byakuga Mana

Here's to another footnote at the bottom of another UTAU's distribution page! And, even sillier, I'm talking about this girl before I talk about the UTAU she's actually overshadowed by! I was poking around the bank and saw that there was a UST that came with the bank. Cool! I opened the UST and saw the flags "g-28n100K50Y0h40a0".

I am not going to make this user happy with my complete aversion to flags.

Who is Mana Byakuga?

Official Art Packaged with Bank
Byakuga literally translates to "white fang". The entry on Jisho dot org says that it is the title (and the name of the main character) of a novel from 1906 called "White Fang". White Fang is three-fourths wolf and one-fourth dog. Sadly, Mana is an albino fox and not a wolf. (I mean, I do kind of prefer foxes to wolves, but I like literary parallels more.)

Mana is somewhere around thirteen years old and is very graceful and ladylike. I mean, how could she not be with that design?! It's such a nice design!

How is her bank?

Well.. If you came here for the design, you are going to be really, really disappointed. The voice sounds nothing like the design. That's not always a bad thing, but it's a bit of a bummer when the design is so insanely adorable!! 

Her manager sidesteps this issue with liberal application of the gender flag (-28!!) However, I strive to show off what the voice bank is when you take it out of the package - not when you do all the steps you are asked to do. (Well, except for OTOs. I have a compulsion to fix OTOs.)

If there was a different design, I'd say "It's a one pitch CV from 2011. What do you expect? It's good." But the design got me so hype! So insanely hype! So I'm just over here without much to say.

Where can I download Byakuga Mana?

You can download Mana from her distribution page. She has just one bank and it is listed after Noi's banks.

If you're primarily an artist who sometimes dabbles with UTAU to justify drawing the characters... This girl is amazing! Just look at her adorable face! If you're primarily an UTAU user who doesn't really deal with art... There's other banks out there that would work just as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment