Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #38 - 探歌すぴ / Supi Tanka

Operator! I need to report an emergency! . . . An amazing UTAU is getting slept on! . . . Well, yes, I know this is Pizza Hut. . . . I wasn't going to call 911 for the sake of a joke!

Wiki Wednesday #38 - 探歌すぴ / Supi Tanka

Supi Tanka's VCV is over 500 megabytes zipped. You know my hard drive is going to feel great with that weight off of its shoulders. Or... I'm not sure how to make this analogy work. Regardless, this is a huge bank. Her voice provider states that it is because she accidentally saved the samples in Stereo and not Mono. But, it's a four pitch bank. Switching to mono wouldn't make this tiny, though it would help.

So, here's how this went down. I saw the design and fell in love. I love this design so much. Then I listened to the voicebank.

Spoiler: the OTOs are wonky but I love this UTAU. Anyway, onto the article!

Who is Tanka Supi?

Official Art Packaged with Bank
Supi is sixteen years old. Her parents were detectives, so she grew up playing detective. She's a tomboy and uses boyish personal pronouns.

I wish I was more proficient in Japanese, because reading from Google Translate is just making no sense. I could read through, plugging every kanji I don't know into Jisho... But do I have time for that?

My impression is that Supi has a super adorable backstory, but I have no idea if ghosts exist within her universe or not. Really, Google Translate isn't the best at conveying UTAU backstories. 

How are her banks?

Supi has two banks: a one pitch CV and a four pitch VCV. The CV is under 30MB zipped, whereas the VCV is giant. 

If you absolutely cannot download a 500MB file or don't have 631MB of space on your hard drive, her CV is a pretty decent approximation of her VCV. It's not the best, and there are some things that are wonky, but it's not a bad bank if you're facing technical limitations.

But, if you can use her VCV, you definitely should! Without any extra work, her VCV has so much emotion and is so adorable. Any mistakes you find in the VCV, you can smooth over by using a sample from a different pitch. But, really, it's just the personality and emotion that the multiple pitches come together to bring that makes this VCV a complete hit.

Where can I download Supi Tanka?

Here is her download page. I feel very strongly that this UTAU is being unfairly treated. She needs more videos and more views! I hope someone else agrees and makes videos featuring her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment