Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #37 - 柿崎冬哉 / Kakizaki Toya

So, I'm not sure what to write up here. I'm kind of... ouch ouch I need to keep thinking or the headache starts creeping in!!

Wiki Wednesday #37 - 柿崎冬哉 / Kakizaki Toya

So, Toya here shares a website with an UTAU I will cover later named Nashine Natsuka. While she is flashy and has insane outfits, he is plain. Very, very plain.

I think both of those UTAUs are voiced by the same person. To which I say how?!?! This sounds like a boy! Not just a boy, but a man! I'm not Nancy Drewing なつめ, but either way, if they provide the voices for both Natsuka and Toya, they are super duper talented. I'm not sure which is harder, even! A man doing a perfect teen girl voice, or a woman doing a perfect teen boy voice?!

Who is Toya Kakizaki?

Official Art Packaged with Bank
Well, there's not too much to him. He loves cocoa but pretends it is coffee. He hates coffee but pretends it is cocoa. He doesn't like horror and he's clumsy.

More UTAUs should be like this. Just really bland and normal people. Just normal. I know it's kind of lame to think about how you can have any kind of character who can do any kind of thing, and then just settle on some clumsy guy who isn't special in any way who lies about if he's drinking coffee or not. Seriously! His one defining trait is lying about what he is drinking! And it's not even like he's lying about being an alcoholic. It's just the difference between two different kinds of bean juice!

How is his bank?

He is a three pitch CVVC. (Which you know to me means three pitch CV.) 

This is just literally a great bank. I had to edit the testing UST in a stupid way to trigger each pitch in the way it was meant to be triggered. I think there might need to be some testing with the prefix map to improve when each pitch triggers, but yeah! It is legit a really good bank. 


Where can I download Kakizaki Toya?

You can download Toya from his download page. You need to scroll down to the bottom to find him.

This is the kind of UTAU we need more of. A boring character with a boring design who has an amazing voicebank. Seriously, this guy should be more popular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment