Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, February 5, 2021

Forgotten Friday #111 - 愛琉家のおらーだ / Airuga's Oraada

 I love Huel. I really love it. 

Forgotten Friday #111 - 愛琉家のおらーだ / Airuga's Oraada

So, I searched the airuga site up and down for information on this chica. Nothing! Her download and character art are there, but that's it. No stories. No biography. I was so excited to learn more about another airuga UTAU after writing about Niita, but nope! She's just a design and a voice and that's it.

Who is Oraada?


Official Art from Site

I absolutely cannot stand how difficult it is to add a read break in this new version of blogger... 

How in the heck is her name meant to be romanized? Oraada? Oralda. Olarda? Orarda?!


I might learn it after I open up the bank. But, this is likely written months ahead of me opening the bank (hah! It was the same month!), so she's Oraada for now. Thankfully, pronouns exist and she's her for the time being.


So first of all, I love her design. She has big and floppy cream colored bunny ears. Her hair is a beautiful pastel pink and her outfit is brown. Brown and pink is one of those color schemes that I just adore. And there's a rose print on her brown skirt! And there's corset! There's killer heels! Leg warmers!! An arm warmer! Only one because she pulls off asymmetry so well. There's bows and pom-poms and gold bangles and… !


I understand what I can wear and feel comfortable in. For example, my wedges are three inches and the soles make one hundred percent contact with the floor when I'm standing. I've tried heels that don't make one hundred percent contact and I've mostly just nearly fallen over standing still. Every time. I mean, boots that have a chunk missing between the main part and the heel I can handle. But you know those ones where if you lean forward there's no shoe?! Can't do that. 


Her outfit would not look flattering on me. It wouldn't look flattering on anyone who isn't a fashion model without modifications. And I'm not saying a chubby girl couldn't rock it. I'm saying that she has legs for days. 


But, if I had the bone structure of a supermodel and didn't use Dove Deodorant, I world definitely dress like this. I could still be overweight and rock it if my legs were longer than typical legs are. 


If I were to try and make it wearable for me, I'd start with the shoes. I'd switch the hot pink heels that I wish I could wear for chunky Mary Janes. Next, I'd switch the mini skirt for a knee-length skirt. That would make the garter belt unnecessary. There would be an issue with the visual interest of the skin cutting up the brown of the skirt and the lighter brown of the leg warmers. However, that contrast would be screwed up by the fact that human skin isn't that nearly white peach color except in direct sunlight or harsh artificial lighting. That could be fixed by white tights, but the style of the skirt is soft and modest Lolita. It would make more sense knee-length on a real human body.


I think that I would change the lace collar to be more Victorian style, but the light brown arm warmer and the black sweatband are staying. The tawny collared bodice is staying, also. I prefer not exposing my armpits, but I would definitely use clear deodorant to cosplay as her for a bit. And I just want the scissor barrette in her hair in general.


Logistically, though, I have no idea how the bunny ears would work out. My guess is just to make a wire structure that can be hidden in the wig and to add fabric to it. But that's a lot of fabric because they are giant ears. They're almost as long as her arm. 


I only have two outfits that I switch between, but I still really love clothes that I can't afford.


How is Oraada's bank?


Oraada only has one bank. It is a one pitch VCV bank. The OTOs are just mangled. Awful.

That aside, she has such a sweet voice! If you're willing to take the time to fix the OTOs, she is a very great and wonderful UTAU.




Where can I download Oraada?


You can download her from her distribution page. She is just a really good UTAU with a really great design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment