Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, March 12, 2021

Forgotten Friday #116 - Re:Re:のルベルム / Rubellum

I don't know how I missed this in all of the searching, but "Lilium rubellum" is a plant. The other UTAU is Lilium, this one is Rubellum. It is a very beautiful flower. Nothing like what I assumed Rubellum was. How did I miss this?!

Forgotten Friday #116 - Re:Re:のルベルム / Rubellum

It took way, way too long to figure out that Rubellum was named after Monadenium rubellum. The reason it took so long was because that's not the actual name. It's really Euphorbia neorubella. 


It's a freaking creepy plant. The main image on the site where I finally got the name from, which also that confirmed Euphorbia neorubella is actually Ruberumu in Japan, was creepy. It looked like potatoes standing above the pot with gnarled flowering asparagus twisting and contorting. 


Like… it's a creepy plant for a creepy UTAU.


Who is Rubellum?

Official Art from Bank

Rubellum is related to Lilium to the point that they have the same body. They even have the same hair. I was curious if I should just make them share an article, but that would be silly. They have different designs and different banks. Even if they are closely related, they are different UTAUs. I'll link to Lilium here so that you can get the shimmy.


Rubellum is actually Walium or Wilium, because she's evil Lilium basically. 


She has a personality and doesn't even try to hide her extra limbs. She also has her entire left arm. She dresses like she belongs in Vegas. The design is crowded and has interesting color choices.


She loves sweets and hates people with her personality. I guess it's not a likable one. She is bad at running and hates weakness in general.


So, you wanna know what grinds my gears? 


Mulan is my favorite Disney princess. Second place is Jasmin, but mostly because of the animated series where she kicked butt (at least I remember her doing it; I was a tiny baby). There are valid political reasons to boycott the live action version. And that stinks. But oh well - what can you do?


What grinds my gears is the commercials for the movie. They had Christina Aguilera record "Reflection" again to release as a new single. And boy howdy! I over-sing. I taught myself to sing by listening to GACKT. It's not a bad cover - but it clashes so hard with the scene in the original movie. 


I don't claim to have that illness that makes you visualize sound, but I could see a singing face, well, just the nose down, when I heard that cover. I saw how much the singer was just wildly flapping her jaw to put in that much emotion. The emotion was not the correct emotion for the scene, which plays in my head when I hear that backing. So, I saw a picturesque vision of animated China with the tanned bottom half of a face wildly gesticulating through singing.


Honestly, the main reason I'm totally okay with missing out on live action Mulan is the opposite reason of why I have no interest watching the other live action movies. (Except Aladdin - still want to see that for Will Smith Genie.) The other movies are just word for word copies of the superior animated films. I didn't even like The Lion King the first thousand times I was forced to watch it because that was the only kid friendly VHS tape people had for some reason. (Timon and Pumbah the animated series, though, made me at least like the universe it was in. The chef from the Little Mermaid who tried to cook Sebastian in Denmark randomly showed up in… Africa?)


But I loved the story and the songs of Mulan. Seeing people read the lines and sing the songs in front of real, beautiful scenery would be perfect. Also, Eddie Murphy is still extremely hilarious and should be in more movies. And if I could just accept that I'd have seizures too watch that all in 3D?! I would beg my mom to take me to the theater (if it also wasn't a pandemic).


How is Rubellum's bank?


You'd think it wouldn't be VCV, but it is VCV! You will have issues with using her with super advanced tuning because she just has a really tuned voice recorded. She adds inflection that will be difficult to take out. But, she actually has a nice voice.

It's extremely young and spunky.



Where can I download Rubellum?


You can download her from her distribution page. The bank is really good for what it is, but... The design may turn you away from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment