Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #104 - LeLias Melaven

This was the first article that I had started on my phone! It has context for what's been going on while writing the last seven or so articles. I knew I was going to switch things around to accommodate not spamming families, but I didn't expect for the first to be the eighth! 


Wiki Wednesday #104 - LeLias Melaven



So, this is my first attempt at doing this. Everyone has heard it five thousand times… I'm mentally ill. I have bipolar disorder, and it is severe to the point of being a disability. Well, at least, if I treat it as a disability, I can live a happy, idyllic life. (I spent years telling myself it didn't hold me back and that I couldn't slow down, but I was self imploding.)

My worst manic episode since 2018 began recently. I started playing an emulator on my phone and forgetting about life being a thing. I just stayed in bed playing the same game for hours. It was nice. I was able to stay calm and the mania didn't progress and is starting to subside, but playing fast and loose will get rid of the progress hiding from life got me.

But, the anxiety does pop up, even when I'm mostly brain dead from games. The first thing I absolutely learned when this bout of mania hit was that sitting in front of my computer screws my head up something awful. But, not working on this blog makes me feel anxious also. What can I do?

This. I'm writing this on my phone! I cannot process the samples on my phone, but I can write down all of the character information from the sites and wikia. I won't be able to get any information from the readme or character files because I'm on my phone, but this is Wiki Wednesday! Most of the information should be available without any downloads.

Who is LeLias Melaven?


Official Art from Wikia


I don't know who Kalvin Lewis is. I feel like I should! I really feel like I know this UTAU, but I'm pretty sure I'm just mixing a composite of a person together. Kalvin has scoot-a-loo'd out of the UTAU picture. His DeviantArt and YouTube are gone. I won't chase a ghost, especially considering I'm on my phone.

LeLias has a design that I absolutely adore. She has a black dress with white lace details. Her shoes are the child of patent leather Mary-janes and penny loafers. She has adorable arm warmers and stockings. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. Since I have no idea what her race is, I have no idea how to tactfully say her skin color. The skin color, hair color, and eye color are all nearly identical to a vintage Malibu Barbie. (White people were so obsessed with tans back in the day. Some still are, but it was a cultural phenomenon back then.)

Her character information strangely focuses on the fact that she is an UTAU and that this is her fourth act. I find it really strange because it feels like another case of not clearly defining the whole robot versus human thing. She's standalone UTAU who hates bad USTs, but she also loves playing guitar and eating kiwis. There's also focus on contacting Kalvin when you use her… though I believe that may be impossible now.

She lives in Canada and is never angry. She isn't shy and talks too much, but in a way that's endearing. Her birthday being so early, 1992, opens up a lot of speculation on the part of vintage UTAU experts. However, I don't believe it's constructive to go into that at this moment. Regardless, we know that LeLias uses Kalvin's voice, though it is edited. Let's see how she sounds!

How is LeLias Melaven's bank?

A big to-do was done about this being LeLias's fourth act. This act is the only one that remains. I have literally no idea why it's in the Wiki Wednesday spreadsheet. This is completely and utterly a Forgotten Friday article. I guess I just typed it into the wrong page. Oh well! This bank was recorded in 2011.

This is the weirdest thing about this bank. I believe Kalvin was a dude, and LeLias was achieved via editing pitch and formant. But she sounds like a chick. Like, if you didn't tell me that it was edited, I'd just think this chiquita had a really bad microphone.

Other than some stuff like the "ri" sample sounding funny, this is actually a really good bank for the era. It's so cute and sweet! I love it.





Where can I download LeLias Melaven?


You can download her from her Wikia page. The "ri" problem can be fixed by just replacing it with the "di" sample. "di" doesn't exist in Japanese, so "ri" can be replaced with it and there's no issues. You can't replace "ra" with "da", because "da" exists. You can replace "ru" with "du" because "du" doesn't exist.

I kind of wish Kalvin had stuck around. I bet LeLias's VCV would have been glorious had it been made. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I google my own oc and this is the only thing about her.

    ReplyDelete