Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #105 - songcatのつぐみ / Tsugumi

So, here's the stage being set for this article. I was jacked up in the head but working on this stuff. Well, then the internet just mysteriously stopped working at certain times. We called out a technician, and it turned out that the dish hadn't been securely placed. So, they fixed that and it worked perfectly from the hours of 10 AM to 10 PM. Well... It stopped working period. They were extremely apologetic, and sent out someone again. Now it works fully! However, it didn't work at all when this article was written.


Wiki Wednesday #105 - songcatのつぐみ / Tsugumi



So! I was feeling sad and I couldn't use internet on my computer. I decided I'd just do research on the UTAU visual archive to get banks for wiki Wednesday. Well, here's the thing about that. My original criteria was, in fact, a bank qualifies for forgotten Friday if it hasn't been used on YouTube in five years. Well… in early 2016, there had been about 2,225 entries in the visual archive… and most qualified due to never being posted on YouTube at all. 

I started this blog at the tail end of 2018 if I remember correctly. So the criteria was 2013 or before. Two or so years have passed, so now the criteria is somewhere around 2016. This is crazy to me, and means that banks that should be in forgotten Friday are now in wiki Wednesday.

So, if I could stick to a plan and make it happen, here is what I would do.

First, I would exhaust every wiki Wednesday bank that I have on my computer. I'd go all the way through and get that all sorted. I would have two years of articles posted and would not need to touch that series for two years. (That won't happen with my scatter brain!) Then, I work though ruto.yu for pre-2013 banks. However, those can get painfully boring… so that's where the archive comes in. At random, I'll flip from ruto.yu and the archive just to spice things up. Wiki Wednesday will be taken care of in this fantasy, so I can check the banks against my blog itself to make sure they weren't already covered. 

The easier option is to just go with the flow and go on downloading binges when I want to. But that's not very rainbow of me.

Who is Tsugumi?

Official Art from Bank


Tsugumi looks like she is meant to be a miko. None of this is written out, so I'm making inferences from the art. 

To begin, she has scraps of paper with what looks to be an approximation of Japanese calligraphy on it, the way that the written words in My Little Pony were purposefully obscured to make localization cheaper. Those kinds of papers are used in shrines for religious purposes.

Next, her outfit is a shirt and a skirt. The skirt is scandalously short, but it's the same idea if red as a typical miko skirt if Google images is to be trusted. The shirt would be white if she were a real miko, but it's pink because of the miko angle bring inspiration and the UTAU not being a representation. 

The sleeves of her shirt are detached aside from threads of string holding the sleeves to the traditional style bodice. The sleeves are massive to the point of consuming her arms and have sakura prints on the place where her hands would live if the sleeves were shorter. On the very edge, there are tassels made from natural animal hair, connected with an implied string and a red bead.

She wears traditional Japanese sandals with thigh length stockings that mimic traditional Japanese sock-shoes. They actually make modern versions of the sock-shoes for construction workers. That sounds insanely vague and awkward, but that's my sense of humor now.

Her skin is pale and she has vibrant fuchsia hair. Her eyes are yellow, and she has a third eye hidden behind her bangs. The third eye is literally never explained. It doesn't match her anime style eyes at all, so one may assume that it is a tattoo. It's not explained. There's also a random teal barrette.

She is seventeen with a birthday of August 8th. She likes cute things and soft things. She hates insects.

Now on to her bank!

How is Tsugumi's bank?


Tsugumi only has one bank. Yay! I've been struggling so hard with all of the banks with so many parts.

She is a one pitch CV bank. The voice is soft and cute. The OTOs are horrifically bad. The microphone sounds really good, and the recordings are consistent. I really like this UTAU.


Where can I download Tsugumi?


Huh. This article only took like ten minutes to finish up on my computer. Nice! 

You can download her on her distribution page. I like her. She's a good UTAU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment