Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #106 - みと おとまき / Mito Otomaki

So, this UTAU was such a joke, the voice provider didn't even bother to get the name correct on the download. Mito Otosaki as opposed to Mito Otomaki. I thought it might be a name change, but the supplemental information inside listed the correct name of Mito Otomaki. I love when no flips are given.


Wiki Wednesday #106 - みと おとまき / Mito Otomaki


So, I'm on my phone right now. Let me get this out of the way real quick. Mito is a joke utau. Ghoulia, his voice provider, did release him after hearing how nice he sounded.


It's okay for anyone to wear whatever clothes that they're legally allowed to wear. (Ya know, you gotta have decorum and not run around in clothes that aren't clothes enough in public.) Drag is huge right now. Expression is good. What isn't good is using transphobic language to describe your joke characters. And guess what?! Ghoulia explicitly states that you are not to use transphobic language to refer to Mito.


To make Mito even more socially aware, people confuse him for young boy most of the time, not a woman. I was really worried when I saw in his bio who he was friends with, but he's totally socially fine! There's nothing to call out here.

Who is Otomaki Mito?


image from distribution video

I don't have access to the banks right now, so I had to track down the thumbnails of the YouTube videos for Mito's covers. And… the two designs have almost nothing in common besides blonde hair and blue eyes. He looks a lot like Oliver, the VOCALOID. He has blonde hair with emo bangs that cover one eye. He has a black shawl with a gold closure and a white shirt. That's it.

The other design he was wearing red, but I don't know how to describe the clothes. 

Despite his voice and stature, he is twenty years old. He hates when people fawn over him for being cute.

I think… there's not much more to say. But I'm really happy. I think that writing all of the character information is the most time consuming part. If I spend time redoing OTOs, it can take a really long time to do that part. But, I have the right and the ability to just post the stuff up without fixing it up. And, I've gotten lazy to the point that a four second sample is good enough. I mean, you know. I can change how fast or slow that is. But I can't change how long these sections take. That's why it's so nice to do them on my phone. I can go anywhere with an internet connection and work on them! Even though my computer is a laptop, I feel unsafe moving it at all. I'm stuck at my desk. And I just don't feel right saving drafts on blogger for some reason. So I feel pressured to get it all done at once. With writing these the way I am, I'm able to set my phone down and do whatever I want, even in the middle of a sentence. The down side, of course, is not being able to get information from the bank itself. Hence why I have no idea what Mito's design is supposed to be.

But, that's why I'm doing this for Wiki Wednesday and not Forgotten Friday. If you made a wiki page for your utau, you probably put all the information you wanted on there. It's a nice, central thing. If someone else made it for you, it's different. But if a bank qualifies for wiki Wednesday, the voice provider probably made the page. When I switch from ruto.yu to the visual archive for forgotten Friday, I can probably do it on my phone also because of all the nicely formatted information there also. 

All that said, let's move to the oto part.

How are Otomaki Mito's banks?


Mito has two banks that I have found. I added the second one to his Wiki page, because that's how I roll. He has a VCV bank from 2018, and an Act 2 CV from 2019. The VCV is romaji encoded, but the CV is hiragana encoded.

The OTOs of the VCV are bad, but I have spent too much time today fixing stuff up. (I'm not just being picky. While I was rendering, they broke resampler like seven times.) Y'all get what y'all get. It's a wonderfully sweet and kind voice with some pretty massive issues with plosives.




CV does this weird thing where there's a useless alias, but UTAU picks it over what it is supposed to use.

The OTOs are bad, but this is a joke UTAU. Literally, what do you expect? The issues with plosives seem to be gone! I think the voice isn't too different that you couldn't do some editing to sub in the messed up plosives from the CV into the VCV by editing the stuff in an audio editor, due to how plosives just be.


Where can I download Mito Otomaki?


You can download him from his Wiki page. He's a joke, but he's a good joke.

I think I should take a break here. I'm paranoid about my computer using too much internet at the moment, just because I'm paranoid. Free internet time is almost up! But here's a screenshot to commemorate my progress:


No comments:

Post a Comment