Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, October 8, 2021

Forgotten Friday #146 - teiravaniの陸玖 / Riku

 I wonder if they wanted him to be Rick.


Forgotten Friday #146 - teiravaniの陸玖 / Riku


See, part of the rule about not spamming families is so that we don’t run into a situation where I just have nothing to say because no one in the family has more than five lines of biography.  (I'm sorry about breaking that rule in this time of time crunch.)

Who is Riku?

Official art from Bank

The reading of the name is Riku. He is like 6’6’’?! That is too tall! And he’s completely muscular, so he much weigh like three hundred pounds!

Okay, I’m being silly. I was just really curious about what an even 200 cm, which is his given height, would be. 

He is in his early 20s, though he looks older to me, and his favorite thing is noodles. He dislikes almond tofu and squid. He is the brother to an UTAU whose name translates to Sky Wing, and he speaks with the Mie dialect. Though, you can just make him speak however you want.

The Mie dialect of Japanese is a subset of the Kansai dialect. An example of how Kansai dialect is different from Tokyo dialect, “souda” can become “soya” or “seya”.  The Kansai “u” is the American “u”, not the Japanese “M”. (The difference is that Japanese M (the X-Sampa for the unrounded “u”) is unrounded, and the American “u” is rounded. Also, the American “u” is actually long and denoted as “u:”, so it’s not the same exact “u” unless the Kansai dialect speaker makes it “u:”, which is apparently an option.)

There are insane amounts of differences that don’t make even kind of sense to me as an English speaker. Like, Japan is the size of California. The English Empire is all over the globe. Just reading the differences between Kansai Dialect and Tokyo Dialect on Wikipedia makes my eyes glaze over. 

I think his appearance can just be summed up as extremely muscular version of KAITO with a dark and goth color swap. The white coat became black, and the blue parts got darker… but are still blue. He wears a shirt that exposes his stomach, which has many muscles visible. He appears to be Catholic because of the rosary around his neck. 

I am praying that the Axfc mess gets fixed before this is posted. It got so bad, people were just assuming that the site was getting shut down. Not good for an UTAU user focusing on older UTAUs… Because, you know, it was the go to for Japanese users for a while. I was told how to fix it for one download, and I’ll try it again during free internet time for other downloads. Didn’t work for old Motone Yumi, but there’s so many in the Visual Archive spreadsheet with “axfc jerk” written next to them. 

I do have strong feelings about uploaders, because I use them quite a bit to download things. I dislike bowlroll deeply, but I understand that it’s actually one of the best ways to distribute UTAU banks if the user makes an account where all of the appends and family members are uploaded together. Just click on the profile and bam, everything you need.

I dislike how it just is extremely stingy with bandwidth and the last time I tried, it won’t let you start a new download when you have a certain amount already going.

Drive is great, but I can’t stand how slow it can be and how it doesn’t show the percent downloaded because it basically streams it. 

Mega is the best for large banks. If you have a large bank, use mega. It fails the absolute least, and you know that large banks failing was just peak 2011. (Remember when the server used to host the 300mb Ritsu bank was garbage and it just gave up and died on us all constantly, eating up our data caps?)

It helps that the free storage is just insane compared to other websites.

And then there’s dropbox. Do you have any idea how rare dropbox banks are? I honestly thought for a while that it was going to be the next big thing. I’ve got no beef with it, and I exclusively used it for a while.

Oh! And Mediafire and 4Shared. Mediafire requires adblock to be off to have a smooth experience, and the ads make it a garbage experience. No real issues, especially since it allows folder sharing. I’ll always have a soft spot for 4Shared. But, sadly, a lot of historic banks got claimed by “system”. Not historic in like, being important. Historic in the way that there’s a house over there that was built three hundred years ago so we shouldn’t knock it down. (4Shared knocked them all down.)

How is Riku's bank?


Riku has a one pitch VCV bank. Despite the OTOs not being uniform, they're fine enough to just let slide for one sample. Riku's voice barely matches his design. The voice is young and boyish, whereas the design makes you think that it's going to be booming. It's not a bad bank at all, and I might prefer it to if it had actually matched the design.



Where can I download Riku?


You can download him from his distribution page. He's a nice single pitch VCV with a youthful and charming male voice. 

1 comment:

  1. if 6'6 is too tall then ig Maowsa is too tall too since they're 7'0 and weigh as much as Riku lol

    ReplyDelete