Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, October 22, 2021

Forgotten Friday #148 - CODE:@ / Code At Mark

 The last article was so frustrating, I thought, write another. Get that taste of sadness out of your mouth!


Forgotten Friday #148 - CODE:@ / Code At Mark


His name is Koodo Atto Maaku. Or, Code At Mark. I kind of thought his name was cool until I read the full version. Why is that last part there? I don’t like it. 

And worst of all? He bears no resemblance to an animal for me to ramble about. 

Who is CODE: @?


Official Art from Site


There’s a chance that there is biographical data in his release video. But, like, it’s not on the visual archive. And I tend to trust them to add details. In the release video, he has elf ears and a cord for a tail. It’s a small thumbnail, so I don’t know if it is ethernet or USB.

It’s my (unpaid) job to write about these UTAUs - so I should take the time and effort to watch the videos and relay any scraps of information I find… right?

No one is paying me, man. There’s no information on the website. It says to refer to the video, but like, I have to keep video quality low due to data caps. I can barely read Japanese in high quality! And I know the Google Translate photo translation thing would flip out and just give up.

He has teal hair and wears a cybernetic black suit with a blue vest. There is a rainbow colored gem where a tie would go. 

Okay, I did pop open the release video and found out that his gender is ???. I should switch to they, them, I figure. So let’s just talk about something else. 

When I was a tiny baby, I considered the UTAU community a community. We were all friends and we communicated mostly via MSNM, or Microsoft Messenger. Well, then people stopped being friends with everyone and the forums started. And then that fun sense of community was gone, and it had become… a fandom. 

There’s nothing wrong with fandoms, and they’ve existed since before Arthur Conan Doyle was harassed endlessly about bringing Sherlock Holmes back to life…  Beatlemania came from Lisztomania, which was people going crazy over some dude in 1844.

But like, the problem is when jerks get a lot of clout and use it to hurt other people. Like, I saw some stuff in my Twitter digest, so I turned off blocksite and checked it out. And I was really sad! People were saying really hurtful things, and a talented user was driven away. I feel like no matter when one who is versed in the fandom reads this, there will be someone this recently happened to. And that talented user did nothing to deserve the hurtful things that they heard. The hurtful things shouldn’t have been said. They were not even directed at the talented user, but that probably made it hurt more.

You can be mean and bitter to a person and they will resent you. You can be mean and bitter to an entire subset of the population, and that goes past resentment. That goes to anger. It’s wrong to say “lol just don’t get angry”. Because like, I dunno, maybe people shouldn’t be mean to an entire subset of the population? 

I stopped watching the news. I blocked Twitter. I get my news through Reddit, but I never log in. I see the advertiser friendly front page. 

My advice? Learn to sing songs by The Cranberries at the top of your lungs. It’s tiring and feels like sobbing. It’s also just really great music in general. 

How is Code At Mark's bank?


Code: @ has just one, one pitch CV bank. It is the kind of bank where poor recording quality is a good thing, because it sounds more like a robot. The voice is bright and androgynous. It's very nice.




Where can I download CODE: @?


You can download them from their distribution page. They're an okay UTAU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment