Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #138 - 獏音サク / Sack Bugne

Where ever did the name Sack Bugne come from? ばくね is the reading given on his distribution page, and I don't get it.

Wiki Wednesday #138 - usa-utau's 獏音サク / Sack Bugne


In the last Usa UTAU article, we learned of Yata. She was a story of the destruction of humanity. Every major event in her life outside of Eve nursing her to health caused her to lose more of what made her something resembling a human.

Now, we have Sack. That is the official romanization of his name. He has no backstory. He seems to not even have a personality beyond the standard like, dislike, and hobby. Anyway.

Oh. I finally got where Sack came from, though. Peacock. 孔雀 means peafowl, and the second kanji has a reading of Saku. Okay.

Who is Sack Bugne?


Official Art from Bank


They were too uninterested to figure out what he likes, but he's self loathing and hates kids.


He also hates… songs?!


He's Len with Rin hair clips and a ponytail, but his outfit is a mashup of KAITO and Luka. 


So, I think I previously complained about United We Fall, and now it reminds me of Rel on Fox.


Do you know how many times I heard "Pastrami isn't a philosopher"?! I knew the show was going to be bad, and it was, but after like three episodes, they switched studios and it was amazing. It was one of the best shows that season in the last half, but ratings were probably garbage because of the first half being so bad and formulaic.


Well, United We Fall is doomed. It's not coming back. Only eight episodes were ordered if Wikipedia is to be believed, and it was aired just… randomly. I said it before, but if a scripted show airs during the summer on network television, it's because they knew it was going to be garbage that they don't want to waste a good timeslot on. And the first few episodes were, in fact, garbage. 


Like, it was bad. 


But, as the show went on, it did get better. It actually had continuity, and didn't just press reset at the end of every episode. That's more and more common now, but it still makes me happy to see it in a sitcom. I started enjoying it, actually watching the latest episode without also being on my phone. 


What really changed was just that it was less about the kids and more about the parents. The first few episodes had the same format. Kid does something, and the parents worry they're bad parents. But whoops! Turns out that they are good parents! The moral of the last episode was "Why do we live if it is only to suffer?" That is what millennials want to see! Suffering! That's the exact reason The Connors works so well, but Roseanne just felt like an absolute flop. The point of Roseanne was "watch the kooky old lady make light of the situation!" The Connors has the point of "Why do we live if it is only to suffer?"


Speaking of which, I am really excited for The Connors to come back. I know it sounds bad that I literally want to watch a television show where everyone suffers and is miserable, but that's the Millennial Experience. Ironically, there's no millennials in the cast, but I'm sure there are some in the writers' room.


There straight up aren't enough scripted shows on scripted network television that speak to the new American reality. Before I stopped watching A Million Little Reasons (I am unemployed and disabled. Me stopping a show is rare.) I actually called it "rich people have problems too, guys!"


It wasn't nearly as bad at Council of Dads, though. Oh my goodness. Someone chartered a private jet during a hurricane so that he could show up and save the day. How. He went from Los Vegas to Savannah, Georgia within hours… during a hurricane. And the old alcoholic had enough money to completely remodel a house and install a backup generator. And the mansions. They all live in mansions. It's just so tone deaf for fabulously wealthy people to be on TV unless they're serial killers. (I didn't, but now I do love you, Prodigal Son.)


How is Sack Bugne's bank?


Sack has a one pitch CV bank, and that's it. So, some of his consonants are missing. "te" has no "t". It is so insanely frustrating, because the recording quality is pretty good, the tone feels consistent, and it's a nice voice type. But it's virtually unusable without literally editing in consonants, which everyone agrees is illegal without express permission of the voice provider.

So, yeah.



Where can I download Sack Bugne?


You can download him from his distribution page. It's sad when things are almost there, but they aren't there... but it's just such a little thing, but it's not a fixable thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment