Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #145 - 歌苗ヤヤ / Kanae Yaya

 I am so close to my goal of at least getting Wiki Wednesday pushed out until 2022! It's December 22, 2020. That gives me plenty of time to do it, especially since Christmas is cancelled this year.


Wiki Wednesday #145 -  歌苗ヤヤ  / Kanae Yaya

So, I should finish Usa-utau before I start on another massive collective. But I'll be entirely honest: usa utau is tiring. Either you need to fill five hundred words with nonsense because there's no character beyond it being a rip off of a vocaloid… or your brain breaks because they are a little bad at writing and their AU is just so confusing.

All of them have Japanese names except for a few, but Eve lives in the EU? I mean, does that mean something else in their AU? Not the European Union? How do they keep hoofing it from Japan to Germany?! Planes are never mentioned!

Utao is not like that. They don't openly rip off vocaloids. I may be wrong, but I believe they consistently put in the same work for each UTAU. I started at the top of the list, so I may find out that's wrong near the bottom of it. I believe I've written about some of them before, but there are still about eleven on the spreadsheet to go over. It may deteriorate.

Who is Yaya Kanae?



Official Art from Bank



Yaya is pretty dang adorable. She wears a giant pink jacket that she uses as a futon while traveling. Her peach boots come to her mid calves, but her pink and purple socks go up to her knees. Her shoulder length peach hair has blunt bangs and a fringe that frames her face. Her eyes are red, and her dress is cream with pink buttons that are made to look like musical notes. She does have an alternate design that's just a basic vocal synth outfit with a bodice that is fashioned after traditional Asian clothes.

She is around fifteen years old and her appearance is surely adorable!

Now, what in the heck is pine jelly? I did look it up in English, and there are jellies made from pine cones and pine needles. That sounds disgusting. Yaya does not eat trees. Pine jelly is… pineapple jello. Okay, not jello. It uses agar agar to thicken it, but it's still the same idea. Put the gelatin and agar agar into a bowl, dissolve it all, and put pineapples and pineapple juice in it. Fruit aspic? That's the word maybe?

She loves independence and naps. She hates being sleepy, having her independence impeded, and asparagus. I get the asparagus thing, but I bet she just hasn't tried asparagus that was actually cooked well. That char makes the asparagus go from a disgusting watery stick of disappointment to something easy yummy! 

Her first person pronoun is her name. It would be like if I said, Mae likes brussel sprouts. Mae doesn't like them boiled, though. Mae only likes them charred. I have no idea why that's acceptable and seemingly encouraged in Japan for younger women.

She refuses to use formal speech. I think she might want to grow up to be a botanist? Or she doesn't want to have a pretty garden? Or… she wants to become a plant? How does that work?!

Her name comes from the fact that she goes around saying "yah yah".

I was actually so close to getting to the six-hundred word minimum! I was at 515! Of course, with two banks and the flavor text at the top, I'm sure that would come to six-hundred words easily. It's crazy, though. Because of my six hundred words rule, a few articles have actually made it to 1,300 words. Thirteen hundred! Doesn't help towards my Nanowrimo in the wrong month on the wrong side of the library goal, though. That's just for the parts on my phone.

How are Kanae Yaya's banks?


Yaya has a CV and a VCV bank, as one does. Her CV is super stringed with only eight files. She packed the whole CV bank into those eight files.


The OTOs are not good, but the voice is good. Her voice is soft and sweet and sounds young without being squeaky. It does match her design, though it does lean slightly to the neechan trope.



Next is her VCV. Due to the nature of VCV, her VCV bank is calmer and sweeter and perfect and I love it. 



Where can I download Yaya Kanae?


I think she is perfect and that everyone should download her VCV. You can do that by going to her distribution page. I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment