Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #147 - 風南メル / Meru Kazeminami

 Yes!! I was so confused. I did a silly and put his Japanese name in the word doc for my drafts, but his listing in my spreadsheet and the filename of his bank were both the romaji version. It was extra aaargh because axfc is currently being awful and I didn't know if I could get his bank downloaded if I didn't already have it. I had it!! 


Wiki Wednesday #147 - 風南メル / Meru Kazeminami


Just one more article, and Wiki Wednesday will be pushed out to 2022, officially! Which sounds silly now that I think of it, because the absolutely earliest you will read this is when it airs, and you could assume I wrote this the night before... but I know :)

This guy's site includes an option for Chinese text. I think that might mean that the character is related to China in some way. 

I… there's nothing really to say, but there is a minimum word count. There's not going to be anything to say if I start this tomorrow or the next day. So, let's go.

Who is Kazeminami Meru?

Official Art from Bank



Meru is a gentle nineteen year old man. I actually had to do a doubletake, because I thought his armband had a trans flag for a second. It isn't one. He also wears a lot of gold bracelets.

He wears black spandex underclothes. Both a tank top and underpants. He wears a white, off the shoulder croptop and low-rise blue jeans. He seems to have brown hair and brown eyes, but I can't zoom in well. His voice provider is Chijo, and they believe his voice works best for ballads, electronic music, and jazz.

And that's it. I guess he probably works out or something. I have no idea why he has this design. Like, who made it? It's he supposed to represent a subculture that they can't mention because he has ties to China?

Anyway.

I really probably should go to a doctor about my wrist. It's just been bothering me a lot lately. Maybe I just need to exercise it more? My wrists are rather limp as a rule. 

I can't type on my computer with my brace on, but my brace actually makes it easier to type on my phone. That's how I'm still working on these articles. It's something I can do without pain. Well, thinking of all the words when there is nothing to say hurts my brain a little. 

The original document has about 32,000 words. This one has roughly 8,500. That means I'm at 40,500 words as we speak?! Just over fifteen more articles until I'm at fifty thousand, and thereby win Nanowrimo during the wrong month and writing the wrong thing?! That's just about sixteen articles left. If I do five a day, that's four days until I hit the goal. It's August 21st, so I could totally win! Especially if I do more than five in a day.

I mean, thinking of it in that metric entirely misses the point. The point is to get through the spreadsheet by posting articles to my blog, not by writing articles on my phone. Even if I wrote a hundred thousand words, it would mean literally nothing if they don't end up published. But, as I said earlier, my wrist is acting up. I'm tired and my daily exhaustion is lasting hours at a time. It's no fun at all, and I dislike it. Sitting at my computer would likely tire me out rather rapidly, and that's no fun at all. 

I do miss writing fiction. I spend most of my time staring off into space and watching movies in my head. I have so many characters I want to play with. The issue really just is that I don't know who would read the stories. I would like to publish the stories, but really mostly for a dumb reason. I would just put them on Amazon and then buy a physical copy to put on a shelf.

That is so insanely vain on my part, and I am fully aware of that. I would love to be actually published, but I'm not sure even how to make that happen. The world is oversaturated with people who think they could be the next big thing on the top of the New York Times best sellers list. If that were true, the New York Times would be thicker than a phonebook just from that one section. 

How is Meru Kazeminami's bank?


So, I'd probably need to look at the FRQ files to be absolutely sure, but his voice has that hollow ring of auto-tune. Which feels strange! His filenames are all like 001, 002... I guess because the person who made it (who used baidu to upload it) can't switch their computer's locale from Chinese to Japanese. 

He is VCV! And I was right about the autotune.


I don't know why that was done. Also, the OTOs are not very good at all. Because I believe the voice provider was Chinese, there will be issues with samples with "j", because I don't think those exist in  Chinese because "j" is voiced, and that's not allowed in Mandarin if I remember correctly.

It's a rather nice bank if you take the time to OTO it correctly and can live with small things like that. It is a male voice that is less youthful and more jovial, but is still calm and sweet.



Where can I download Kazeminami Maru?


You can download him from his Wiki page. Though there were strange choices, he has a wonderful voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment