Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, May 6, 2022

Forgotten Friday #176 - 左上禰 / Sagami Dei

 It's presumptuous of me to ask, but like, y'all know how I have a metal roof? It's sleeting on the roof, and it's very concerning. It sounds just like a heater that's ready to give up the ghost or a computer that's really, really not having a good day. Or, possibly, like a mouse mousing about. All of that would be extremely concerning if it was the case - but no. weather.

Forgotten Friday #176 - 左上禰 / Sagami Dei

Dei Sagami is a Windows Title Bar. He can be any kind of title bar you want on the condition that it is a Windows title bar. Because this was made during the XP era, the default is an XP title bar. (I wonder how long it takes for someone to ask 'what? experience era?')

It feels so silly, because his biography literally explains how title bars work. I'm... not sure who needed that explained, but it has been!

I think there is a huge misconception about his character. Often, Sagami Dei is depicted as being an entire window with a face that has a body coming out of it. Nope! He's just the title bar itself.

Also, he comes with a program? It modifies the title bar somehow? Not opening it, but huh.

Who is Dei Sagami?

Official "art" from bank


Previously, Belle met the Beast and confused him very, very much.


Belle sighed as she stood, "I don't have a phone on me, and my dad will be mad if I don't tell him why I'm not coming home tonight!"


"No, no," The Beast nervously laughed. "We don't need a kidnapping on our hands. I have an electric truck."


"Cool!" Belle excitedly clapped her hands, "I haven't been in a truck in years!"


He nervously laughed again before saying, "My name is Jonah. You're…"


"Jonah was a prophet!" Belle gasped. "I'm Belle! Our ship is Joelle!"


Jonah nodded along as he grabbed his keys. He closed the door behind him as he ushered Belle along to his truck. He opened the passenger door and she immediately scurried in. She giggled as he himself got into the driver's seat. "You have my bike, so you have to come back to give it to me!"


"We can…" 


She cut him off. "No, no! We have to leave it here so that I know you'll come back for me. You're my boyfriend now."


He stared blankly ahead as he turned on the truck. Well, in five years, no one had ever dropped by before. Unless he started online dating, this was probably his only chance. "You're my girlfriend, I guess."


"You guess right!" She pulled her legs up into the seat to sit with crossed legs as she pulled on her seatbelt. "Have you ever been to the city?"


"I was a star athlete," he sighed. "I was still a sophomore, but I was already getting scouted by colleges. I was too ambitious and asked an old witch to help me. Instead she turned me into this."


"Into a perfect puppy wuppy!" Belle stretched her arms towards the roof of the car. "Do you know what I'd give to be my fursona? Her name is Pawleene." She emphasized the 'paw', hoping that Jonah understood how it was spelled. "She used to be an arctic fox with desert hare ears, but then I made her a wolf, but then I realized I wanted her to be a white house cat. I like this version the best."


Jonah slowly nodded. Okay, so he definitely wasn't going to find another girl (nor boy nor non-binary person) who demanded he be their boyfriend instantly. But, he could tell that Belle had never been in a real relationship before. He knew that being in a real relationship would probably break her in half due to it just not being the magical scenarios she put Pawleene into. 


"Belle," Jonah sighed. "Being a boyfriend is a lot of work, and I'm afraid I might not be a good one."


Belle blew a raspberry before turning her head towards him. "I'll be an easy girlfriend." He bristled slightly at the word 'easy'. "I'm low maintenance. Give me yum yum food and huggles and snuggles and I'll be happy!"


"Have you been a girlfriend before?" He kept his eyes trained on the road. "Sometimes you think life will be easy, but then it gets difficult."


She sighed. "I've never found anyone good enough for me! That's why I haven't been a girlfriend yet. But you're perfect, because you're a furry. And maybe when we kiss, I'll become a furry. But I learned from Shrek that you need to wait until you're actually fully in love. Nothing happens if you kiss before then."


Jonah deflated slightly. "But what if I stop being a furry?" He knew better than to say that he really, really did not enjoy being anything other than human.


"Well," Belle shrugged. "Love could make me be okay with that I guess. No promises."


What will International City think of Jonah?! Tune in next week for Beauty and the Puppy!


How is Sagami Dei's bank?

Dei is a lite VCV bank. There are different levels of "lite VCV". The most extreme, like the first Momo VCV, exclude anything that will be more or less the same without VCV. For example, "a ta" wouldn't exist, because the pause before the "t" would make VCV rather irrelevant using the old thinking. (having "a t" is important because our mouths close differently before different plosives, but that's some real 2022 theory there!)

Instead of that, Dei is just missing every palatalized consonant that isn't followed by "i". So, "sha" and "jo" aren't in the VCV. They're in the CV, so it's not like there will be problems, but it means that he's not eligible for my VCV to CVVC project. Also, his OTO somehow glitched my converter. No idea how, it just stopped working. I was using an old version of my converter, and Chrome just has weird problems with it. First issue just requires some edits. All of the "- C" is missing because the beginning of every VCV sample is a vowel. Basically no "nVC" samples existed, so no "n ぱ". "v" was entirely missing from the VCV. Thankfully for me, if there weren't the other problems, because VCV requires all five vowels to precede the kana, even though "pyo" and "byo" are missing, "pi" and "bi" are there, so there's still the VC for palatalized consonants. After some hard thinking, I decided to just throw his archive file in my OTO project folder. Why not?! I can get "- C" from the CV bank, and I rarely use "n C" because of the fact that I mostly use these banks for English. 

If you use the "automatic" button in Shareware UTAU, using CV instead of VCV for some notes isn't a problem. If you use premade VCV USTs, then there will be problems. 

His voice is kind of hard for me to describe. The quality isn't the best. The voice is pretty deep, but still sounds nice an octave higher than the average pitch of G#2. There's just something in the tone that makes it not an ojiisan bank. It's nice, but it isn't my exact cup of tea. 



Where can I download Dei Sagami?


You can find the link to his download page on his NicoPedia page. I'm not going to lie to ya, he's a pretty strange UTAU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment