Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, May 27, 2022

Forgotten Friday #179 - 朔 / Saku

 I wonder if I could somehow use something like Bluetooth to type from my phone directly instead of using Google docs… (I downloaded several apps - none of them allowed swipe to type, so it was worse than struggling with the wireless keyboard!)

Forgotten Friday #179 - 朔 / Saku

Okay so, Saku is a boy who looks twelve years old who lives on the moon. His job is to go out on full moons to other stars to learn songs to teach to everyone else on the moon.

I just got so giddy seeing he lived on the moon because of something probably no one remembers. When Cracked was on life support and was barely hanging on to being half decent before they made comments a paid subscription, there was an article titled something like "her father owns the moon." It's nothing but complaining about a fictional woman who has the perfect life because her family is so rich, her father owns the moon.

Why?

I don't know! That's high quality compared to what Cracked is now, so who even knows!

Who is Saku?

official art from site


Previously on A Spectrum of Apple Skins, Emily hit her breaking point pretty hard. How will she handle it?!


Apple Bloom smiled brightly at Bella as Emily ran out of the room. After her breakfast, Emily told her that Bella had to give her an orientation presentation. Emily knew there was no presentation, but she had to remove herself from the situation and actually focus on her work. She jokingly called herself Edwin's secretary, but she actually did more work than anyone else to keep the company afloat. 


"So…" Bella nervously gestured towards a chair. "How do you like it here?"


Apple Bloom plopped into the chair and laughed. "It's a nightmare! I want to go home!"


"You're… laughing?" Bella nervously let out a forced chuckle. "Are you being sarcastic?"


"No," Apple Bloom's eyes narrowed. "I'm laughing because you asked a dumb question."


Bella bristled before asking, "What would Princess Twilight say about you saying that?"


"Applejack would say to be honest," Apple Bloom rolled her eyes. "And I'm being honest. Why would I like it here? It's grey and I ain't seen the sun once!"


Bella put her head on her desk and let out a loud groan. "Do you know how much I paid to bring you here, kid?"


"Ain't I older than you?" Apple Bloom laughed. "But no - I don't know why you brought me here, so ain't no way of knowing what you did to bring me here."


Bella looked up at Apple Bloom and sighed. "Rarely, a universe devoid of magic will brush up against one with magic. In that moment, magic sensitive beings will be able to create a portal to a magical world." She stared up at the ceiling, "Even if the priestess worked for free, I had to obtain forged documents that made you a college educated American citizen who was born in America." She rested her elbows on her desk before cradling her face in her hands. "I didn't have many choices, but I was told you'd be a nice, attractive Irish-American who was in her late twenties to early thirties with no existing romantic attachments."


"And what part of that is wrong?" Apple Bloom didn't know what Irish was, but because everything else was correct, she assumed the Irish part was also.


"You act like…" Bella trailed off. She collapsed, her forehead against her desk. "You act like a pony."


"Well, if you don't like me, and I don't like it here, send me home." Apple Bloom crossed her arms. "Ain't difficult to figure that out!"


"Even if I had the money to pay the priestess," Bella looked up at Apple Bloom, "I can't send you home. The best I can do is send you to another universe and hope that they'll send you home. It would take probably a thousand years for our universes to bump again. And even if they did, you could end up stuck a thousand years before you were born."


Apple Bloom slouched down. She looked up at the ceiling and sighed. "Could Discord find me if I was in a universe with magic?"


"We don't know!" Bella pressed her forehead against her desk again. "You could end up being a Technicolor pony in a civilization that eats horses. You could end up being a white woman in a culture that specifically enslaves white women because they eat them." She sat up straight before finishing, "Of all the options, there is literally no safer option than staying here. If you start acting like a sensible adult woman, then you'll have three people who will take a bullet for you right here. This is a safe place, and we will keep you safe."


"And if I don't start acting sensible?" Apple Bloom knitted her eyebrows.


"I don't know! We'll send you to Gatlinburg to work at Dollywood?!" (The power of Dolly Parton is so strong, Dollywood lasts on off and on through various incarnations for thousands of years.)


"Well!" Apple Bloom glared, not knowing what either of those things were.


Boy howdy! In the next installment of A Spectrum of Apple Skins, we'll see if Apple Bloom is willing to act sensible!


How is Saku's bank?

Saku is a one pitch combination CV and VCV bank. I'm just testing out the VCV, though. The OTOs are conceptually good, but would need fiddling to get the best result.

The voice is very young sounding and the recordings sound very nice and clear. The voice is very bright and a bit forceful. 



Where can I download Saku?


You can download him from his official site. He's a pretty cool UTAU!

No comments:

Post a Comment